CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Husbandry and Basic Care FAQ

Old 12-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #31
ZiggysMom
Hi David,

It is nice to see another person from WV around here.
There are LOTS of threads on the forum about escaped snakes.
This is just one recent thread about a lost snake,
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...hlight=escaped

Often they do not go very far from where they got out.
Good luck finding your lost snake.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #32
David
Thanks it's my grand sons I'm going to go get a pinkie and put cage on floor Friday is feed day maybe it will come back to feed. I hope

Old 12-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #33
David
FOUND SNAKE !!!! Thank god
Was in toy box under bed

Old 03-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #34
Jwiggles
I found this section very helpful being a new Corn owner.

Thanks you all for the information.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #35
Lellobeetle
I am looking for information on changes in eating, activity, etc. during the pre and active shed cycle. I will search the forum, but it might be nice to have it here as well.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #36
LordSidos
Why are insects bad for snakes?

Old 10-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #37
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSidos View Post
Why are insects bad for snakes?
Hi, you posted this in the FAQ (frequently asked questions) area which is not really meant for posting, our wonderful moderators have put this section together so those who are new to the addiction of corns can find some answers.

I would repost this question in the "Feeders" topic, you will get answers there.

(But as a side note, rodents are their favorite prey, they provide the necessary nutrients that insects cannot.)

Old 12-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #38
jennwhittingham
Hi, i just set up my zoomed starter snake kit. Heat pad is a one end heat lamp above it. Aspen bedding a hiddy hut plant and water dish spread around. Temp was ok til i turned off the lamp tonight then the temp dropped to 65. Any ideas to maintain heat at night but maintain the day/night cycles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-09-2014, 07:56 PM   #39
jennwhittingham
Also... My corn loves burrowing in the aspen. When i moved the bedding looking for him the bottom of the tank was really hot from the heater pad. How do i stop my snake from being burnt?

Old 12-10-2014, 02:14 AM   #40
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwhittingham View Post
Also... My corn loves burrowing in the aspen. When i moved the bedding looking for him the bottom of the tank was really hot from the heater pad. How do i stop my snake from being burnt?

Hi, you posted this in the FAQ (frequently asked questions) area which is not really meant for posting, our wonderful moderators have put this section together so those who are new to the addiction of corns can find some answers without having to post them.

But as long as you are here, you need to do a lot of reading to get a better setup for your new kiddo. Here is a sheet with links I made for another member, it will help you get started. (And start by ditching the lamp, they are not good for corns, and the temp should be the same 24/7!) help sheet

Good luck, and if you have any other questions, find the best topic for your query and post it there, you will get a lot more advice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google