CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Is it safe

Old 09-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #11
subliminal
I, too, keep my mice in the freezer with the human food. Mine are in ziplock freezer bags, in tupperwares by size. The "pet section" includes mice, frozen bloodworms/brine shrimp for the fish and frozen meat kibble and ice cream treats for the dog.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #12
TheAlchemist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I would get those small ziplock vacuum bags and split them up into smaller lots, like 25 (because they thaw so quickly if you take the bag out to get out however many you need). Then put the bags in a tupperware in the freezer.

I was just looking in my freezer last night, with a tray of pretty white adult mize, vacuum packed, with a pound of bacon sitting on top of them, and thinking, many people would find this strange...
This is what I do and it works great. You manually pump the air out of the bags and they can be reused.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #13
xoxocammyxoxo
Quote:
I would get those small ziplock vacuum bags and split them up into smaller lots, like 25 (because they thaw so quickly if you take the bag out to get out however many you need). Then put the bags in a tupperware in the freezer.

I was just looking in my freezer last night, with a tray of pretty white adult mize, vacuum packed, with a pound of bacon sitting on top of them, and thinking, many people would find this strange...
Yeah that's turning into our house slowly. We have the turkey next to the bag of mice that Chet sold me... I'll have to remember not to ask anyone to get anything out of the freezer just in case.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #14
vetusvates
Been doing it since mid 1970's, and I feel fine. Mice, anoles, etc.

My mother never gave a second thought to all the things I kept in her freezer...lol...including keeping live anoles brumating in the refrigerator (I was quite the experimenter), but my dad would stare at it all (and my two pairs of live mice) until he'd worked himself into quite a state.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:23 AM   #15
WingedSweetheart
My mice are in freezer bags inside white tupperware. Then that is shoved in the back of the freezer under human food. Most people that look in the freezer have no idea that there are dead mice hidden inside. I feel a little devious when I have my sister over and let her pick out her steak.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:41 AM   #16
Wyldrose
I have dead mice, dead rats, dead rabbits(both dressed and whole), dead deer, dead elk, dead moose, dead cow, dead pig and dead poultry in my freezer It's all the same in the end. Everything is labled, in Ziploc baggies. Most of my feeders are in a tub so it's easier to haul it out and then pick what gets thawed. When the big freezer gets filled up I do have a smaller apartment sized freezer I could use for snake food.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:06 AM   #17
smigon
Quote:
Haw! Mine are in gallon ziplocks sitting on frozen peas...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google