CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Best online mice

Old 11-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #11
ructo
There is an expo somewhat near me December 7th, so would it work if I bought pet store mice until then, and then went there?

Old 11-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #12
ructo
Or should I just buy pet store?

Old 11-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #13
Chip
We can't answer that without knowing price of shipping/what individual mice will wind up costing vs. what your local stores charge. For one snake, I'd probably be inclined to just buy pet store mice or try to find a herp club.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #14
ructo
Yeah, I think it might just be easier, and probably cheaper to buy pet store.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #15
Nanci
I might buy the smallest bag of hoppers, and the smallest bag of small adults. I think with the hoppers you will actually get a full range of fuzzies, too, and with the small adults you'll get a good number of weanlings. Speaking of Big Cheese. I appreciate getting a range of sizes so I can taylor the feedings to the size of the snake.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #16
Xerneas
I have to say, the difficulty of buying bulk feeders for one animal makes me pretty glad I've got a reptile-keeping brother who will take surplus off my hands!

Old 11-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #17
xoxocammyxoxo
Yeah... I was really hoping that I could find one more local but it looks like I'm just going to be building a mouse rack and breeding my own. Maybe I'll breed enough that I can sell them to local people because Petco's frozens are ridiculous.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #18
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I appreciate getting a range of sizes so I can taylor the feedings to the size of the snake.
So funny, I CURSE them for the variety of sizes! I want the impossible, which is for every food item to be within 10% size of the rest. I constantly find myself weighing and lining up mice for who they will go to.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #19
xoxocammyxoxo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
I constantly find myself weighing and lining up mice for who they will go to.
I have never thought about doing that before.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #20
Nanci
That's how I do it, too. And that's why I need the variety! I divide mice into reds, S, M, L, XL pink, Small peach fuzzy, Peach fuzzy, S,M,L Fuzzy, S,M,L Hopper, S, M, L Weanling, First Adult, M adult, L adult, XL Adult, and JUMBO adults that only Janine can eat.

And I thaw them in the same bowls, using tail cutting codes for telling the sizes apart.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google