CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

How much space do 50 frozen pinky mice take up?

Old 11-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
HoneyHawthorne
How much space do 50 frozen pinky mice take up?

Quick stupid question: How much space do 50 frozen pinky mice take up? I have a small freezer and want to maximize my order.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
Nanci
Less than a small box of frozen vegetables.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
loyalsissaly84
small or large pinkie mice dont take much space at all.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
Chip
Here's an opened bag of large (probably about 35 left in it), which actually takes up more room when opened... Small are about 2/3rds this size.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
HoneyHawthorne
Oh wow! That really is like no space at all, I could probably fit 100 just fine then.. Woohoo!

Old 11-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
neworleansvamp
I divide m i ne in freezer bags and then put them in seperate tubs.. one for pinkies, one for fuzzies and one for my med mice . I just stack the tubs in the corner of my freezer, takes hardly any room at all

Old 11-22-2013, 03:55 AM   #7
smigon
Just remember, corns grow quickly and will need to be fed a larger size mouse as they grow. Don't order more than you will need for a few months. In one year, in about 70 feedings, Scarlett went through about 40 pinkies, 10 small fuzzies, 20 medium fuzzies and now I need to get with Olivia to pick up my weanlings that she needs to be on now.

Here is the feeding chart if you don't have one. http://www.medusa-corns.webs.com/feedingchart.htm

Old 11-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #8
HoneyHawthorne
Thank you for the headsup, I used that same chart when ordering my mice I got them from Layne Labs for this time round, so I got 40 pinkies (in the 10 each bags), 10 small fuzzies, and 30 medium fuzzies. Hopefully that works for this fella

Old 12-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #9
Justine66
Lol yeah pinkies, fuzzies and even hoppers dont take up much space but when i ordered 50 adult mice they take up about as much room as a large box of fish sticks! Lol so that may be something to think about!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google