CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Pinkies for a fuzzie able snake

Old 11-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
ructo
Question Pinkies for a fuzzie able snake

Ructo is officially on fuzzies, but I still have a few pinkies left. How should I go about this? Should I do three at a time, throw them out, two at a time, or what?

Old 11-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
obboi34
depends on the size of the snake. i usually do doubles and feed at the same rate as i would if the snake were on fuzzies.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
ructo
So maybe two pinkies a week until they're gone? What do you all think?

Old 11-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
HerpsOfNM
For snakes that are on the awkward cusp of not quite fuzzies, not quite pinkies, I do the same as ohboi mentioned...double up. That said, me personally I'm usually feeding 2x per week at this point. I might do 2 pinks on my Wed feed and then 1 pink on my Fri feed for a while, then bump to 2 and 2. If the snake handles 2 and 2 for a month I'll then switch to small fuzzies and back off to once a week feedings until more size is put on to comfortably go back to bi-weekly. I do this, again, until the snake is up to small adults. Once on small adults it's back to once a week feedings.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
Nythain
If it's just a few pinkies left, I'd suggest HerpsOfNM's approach. Then on to the fuzzies!

Old 11-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #6
ructo
Never mind, only had 2 pinkies, so next week I guess it is onto fuzzies.

Old 11-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
HerpsOfNM
that should be fine. Try to use smaller fuzzies for now and don't push the feedings. Once onto the fuzzies just do once a week feedings until the snake has some modest weight gain. Reading between the lines....basically avoid putting the snake into a situation of potential regurgitation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google