• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How does your snake tanks look like?

Simon

Corn Manic
Mine looks like this, but right now I have got them a new rack and I have 2 racks right now. One with 2 tanks and one with 3 tanks and then a small tank on the left side of the rack and two 50 gallon tanks on the right side of the rack.

Attachments

• tanks.jpg
    tanks.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 530
Tanks? Whats a tank? My addiction has grown to the point where Ive got an entire room filled with floor to cieling racks. hehe.

-Kev

I want racks too

I too want racks.....but then since I am still only a student and am living in an appartment that I will soon move out (in a year or two) I wouldn't think of buying racks yet.....

but then I am considering in getting them later on in life....

how much did it cost you to buy the whole rack system?

also how are you heating them?
by heat pads?
how much is that then?

just some little questions that I wanna know...and research for my future racking systems....haha

Tanks? Rooms? How about the whole house!

Spencer and I each have three snakes. Each snake has their own tank, either ten or 20 gallon. Plus they have a resting tank it's like a B&B, small quiet dark and warm, a play tank with swimming pool, climbing trees a space ship if they want to pretend they are astronauts, a small group tank for meeting and spending time together. OK well never mind. I hoping to figure out hoe to make them an adventure tank with some safe plants. Weird we know! Sam

I dont buy rack systems. I'd never dream of paying that kind of money for what I can build for 1/4th the cost.

Being a Woodworkjer by Trade I but 4x8's of black melamine panels at discount. I then machine and build them at my shop.

As for heat, I go with Heat Tape on a thermostat. Though in the future I hope to have an entire room dedicated to the corns so I can heat them all easier.

-Kev

Kevin

I'm thinking about building a rack for my snakes and had a question about the heat tape: do you put a strip on each shelf or run it vertically up the back of the rack? I've seen it done both ways but have heard some arguments against using the tape vertically. I just wanted to get some more opinions.
Thanks

Kelvin M

Well since you are a woodworker, it's easy for you to say. I am still a student and I don't have anything like home depot around my house.....so it's a bit difficult for me to make racks myself. I just want to do some research now for future use. That is when I graduate and move out of my appartment and into a house or something like that. Then I will start building (or buying) my own rack.

As Elaphe_Mo said, what is the difference between the verticle and horizontal heat tape? Actually I have never heard of the verticle heat tape...... also how much are the heat tapes?

Thanks

Good luck and Happy Herping!

Back