CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Escapee at large, I need advice

Old 04-15-2018, 11:21 PM   #1
kayjaypah
Escapee at large, I need advice

Hi all,
I have an amel corn (Arrie) and on Tuesday overnight into Wednesday he managed to get out of his enclosure. I noticed he was missing when I was getting ready for work on Wednesday morning. My husband and I tore the house apart looking for him, but the little noodle must be curled up somewhere where we can’t see him. Wednesday is also feeding day so I put out a mouse for him to try to lure him out of hiding but it sat there for 2 days and no Arrie. What else can I do to find my little noodle. He is just about a year old and 2 feet long. He could literally be anywhere in this house. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 04-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
Reptile Lover 23
I dont know if he has been found, but i would check inside Sofa's turn them upside down and cut the black sheet off carfully and check in there, as the isde of a sofa is Dark, and warm most of the time,

also check inside any boxes within the room out out of the room, and Draws,

these place's may have been checked already, but check again, let me know how you get on,

Old 04-17-2018, 07:48 PM   #3
kayjaypah
Thanks Reptile Lover 123. We don’t have that black covering in the bottom of our sofas. And I have checked and continue to check these places daily. Do you know how long a snake will stay in hiding before he will wonder out looking for food? Tonight will be a week since he escaped and tomorrow will be 2 weeks since his last mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-17-2018, 08:36 PM   #4
Reptile Lover 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjaypah View Post
Thanks Reptile Lover 123. We don’t have that black covering in the bottom of our sofas. And I have checked and continue to check these places daily. Do you know how long a snake will stay in hiding before he will wonder out looking for food? Tonight will be a week since he escaped and tomorrow will be 2 weeks since his last mouse.

To be honest it depends how comfortable he/she is, they can go at least a month without food, he/she maybe more active at night mine are always moving around when its dark, do an all-nighter and keep looking round,

if you have a bath with a plastic panel on the side you could check behind there, they will go anywhere if theres a hole,

When we used to have crayfish going back when i was a kid they used to get out of the tank and we would find them under the floor boards in the living room as it was dark and warm,. kee[ trying set up some bottle traps and place some boxes around the house like shoe boxes etc, with water dishes in. he/she might slither into one of them and rest, keep trying and dont lose hope. keep me updated.

Old 04-18-2018, 03:26 PM   #5
kayjaypah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile Lover 23 View Post
To be honest it depends how comfortable he/she is, they can go at least a month without food, he/she maybe more active at night mine are always moving around when its dark, do an all-nighter and keep looking round,

if you have a bath with a plastic panel on the side you could check behind there, they will go anywhere if theres a hole,

When we used to have crayfish going back when i was a kid they used to get out of the tank and we would find them under the floor boards in the living room as it was dark and warm,. kee[ trying set up some bottle traps and place some boxes around the house like shoe boxes etc, with water dishes in. he/she might slither into one of them and rest, keep trying and dont lose hope. keep me updated.

Great idea for the shoe boxes and water, I will try that. And I will let you know if we find him. It’s been a week today and I miss his little face.

Old 04-18-2018, 08:12 PM   #6
DLena
Has your noodle shown up yet? My fingers are crossed for you.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:54 PM   #7
kayjaypah
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
Has your noodle shown up yet? My fingers are crossed for you.

No DLena he has not and it’s been a week

Old 04-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #8
DLena
My rosy boa, Skeeter, went mia for several months, then just showed up near the stack of cages one day. He looked a bit dry, and a little thinner, but not sickly. They are very hardy little buggers.

Old 04-20-2018, 05:46 AM   #9
Patmart
Hi I really hope you find your noodle
Good luck
Pat

Old 04-20-2018, 05:55 AM   #10
Reptile Lover 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjaypah View Post
Great idea for the shoe boxes and water, I will try that. And I will let you know if we find him. It’s been a week today and I miss his little face.

Good louck buddy. never give up hope he will show up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google