CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Nanci's SnickerSnakes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Nanci's SnickerSnakes Welcome to SnickerSnakes- where the pretty snakes are! I love striped cornsnakes in red, white, purple, peach and pink. Foundation stock, breeding plans, and hopefully hatchling news!

Peppermint Stripe Male G

Old 10-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
Nanci
Peppermint Stripe Male G

TERRIBLE photos, he's blue, he was not interested in holding still for one second so I could focus and get balanced light. He went flying into the tortoise pen for added excitement, and also had a couple unplanned swims...Oh and these are with the old camera- there's no way I could get pics with the newer futzy camera.

First photo is unprocessed. Second photo has some correction so you can see his pattern. Third photo is the same processing. I don't know why I'm including it, even!

Old 10-01-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
Nanci
Just for fun- some of the camera's shenanigans- the two in the water were taken seconds apart- the greener one is true color. And the yellow leaf??? I don't know what the camera was doing, there. He isn't purple...

Old 10-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #3
hypnoctopus
Too bad that purple isn't his real color. I'd love a glow in the dark snake! He's beautiful though and I bet he's going to get even better.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #4
cguarino30
Very nice. You can see how so much more red has come in since hatching.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #5
Nanci
Sister Amel Stripe K:

Old 10-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #6
Nanci
Hypo Stripe Girl L. The camera is definitely having issues...I'm including one of what most shots looked like. And the least screwed up one. The color in the "purple wash" photo is actually not bad- the flowers and the snake are correct.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #7
HerpsOfNM
do you have auto iso on? Might explain the random screwiness and grainy (noisy) photos.

What means of metering does the camera have? On my Nikon I have 3 meter modes: matrix, spot, and center-weighted. I use matrix, but find it can throw white balance off (the yellow leaf shot you pointed out) when it has troubles with mixed colors due to mixed lighting and trying to meter a white object. I have an absolute PAIN trying to get decent, accurate shots of my motley snow, caramel snow, and salmon snow corns due to this.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:24 PM   #8
Nanci
It's not the good camera- it's a little point and shoot. I'm horrified that you are even looking at this!! And I haven't had time to do ANYTHING to learn how to use the new camera manually. Oh- I _did_ take it somewhere to test out the tele lens, and the battery died the moment I turned it on.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #9
HerpsOfNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
It's not the good camera- it's a little point and shoot. I'm horrified that you are even looking at this!! And I haven't had time to do ANYTHING to learn how to use the new camera manually. Oh- I _did_ take it somewhere to test out the tele lens, and the battery died the moment I turned it on.
That's alright. I'm horrified for being a cavalier jerk elsewhere (Ebola).

That aside, we all have starting points and learning curves with technology. One of the reason's I've not jumped to upgrading my D300 is just that. I haven't pushed the camera to its full potential to justify having the need to spend $3000+ on a new camera for a hobby. I can push it with additional equipment, but buying snakes, lizards, and food for said animals has been a little more fun - even if my blasted babies aren't selling, the genetics is the best part.

Rambling....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google