CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Freaking out! My first snake laid an egg- she was a virgin as far as I know!

Old 07-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #121
SnakeAround
Don't be, you are young enough to be forgiven for that

Old 07-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #122
obboi34
maturity is overrated anyway. makes you tough, dry, and boring.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #123
jordana951
Eh you were concerned for your snake! She's lucky to have you! I'm new here yet I learned a lot from reading this post. I'm glad your staying and I hope your keeping your snake she's lucky to have a caring owner like you.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:36 PM   #124
Nanci
It will be okay. It never always gets worse.

Old 07-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #125
BooBoo18
I'm so glad everything turned out well for your snake! It is amazing how attached we can get to our little slithery critters and I can really tell you are very attached to yours so I am glad to see you are still going to be hanging out on the forum!! Good luck with her as she recuperates!!

Old 07-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #126
diamondlil
As Nanci said, you haven't made any more, or any worse, mistakes than other people have! I was so excited over the first snake I bred that I pestered her too much and stopped her laying, I felt so bad over it but I learnt the hard way not to do that again. No-one here is perfect with no mistakes ever in life, but we all pull together to help out and support each other.
Personally I'd advise not breeding your girl next year, leave her to mature another season and then you'll both be ready and hopefully be raising your own little hatchlings!

Old 07-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #127
Lyion
If I breed her, I wanted to breed in her in 2014 or 2015 .

Old 07-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #128
Lyion
Vet said to try and get a fuzzy in her so I did. I was really worried that she might have lost her appitite or not like it because it was dusted with reptocal, but luckily She is an as aggressive feeder as ever! I was afraid that little guy would just pop right open! After she scarfed it down, she went back into the tank. And was she thirsty! Rather than just opening her mouth slightly and sucking the water in, she resembled a dog while she drank. I'm feeling really good about this!

Old 07-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #129
RobbiesCornField
I'm glad to hear that she ate, and am even happier that your'e going to stick around!

Old 07-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #130
Pugsley
Glad she ate and drank.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google