CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

If you could only have one corn snake book?

Old 11-22-2015, 07:23 PM   #1
kikojaharo
If you could only have one corn snake book?

I'm wanting to get a book, but since I'm a book fiend and have a collection problem, I'd like to just get one for now until I clear off my bookshelves some more, so which would you pick if you could only have one, and why?

I'm currently debating between the Love's book or the corn/rat snake guide by Philip Purser, but if there's another great necessity, let me know!

Old 11-22-2015, 07:50 PM   #2
Dragonling
Either Kathy Love's book, or you could hold out and wait for Don Soderberg's new book he's in the process of writing. But who knows when he'll finish that?!

Old 11-22-2015, 08:25 PM   #3
Tavia
I have both Kathy's book and Don Soderberg's current book and like both. Either would be good.

Old 11-22-2015, 08:47 PM   #4
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
I have both Kathy's book and Don Soderberg's current book and like both. Either would be good.
Agreed plus I also have Philip Pursers guide but since I'm into so many other reptiles I keep The World Atlas of Reptiles out for reference. Purchased 25 +/- years ago.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:39 AM   #5
Nanci
I think you have to have Kathy's book, and then wait for Don's new book. That's the only reason I'd recommend not getting Don's current book. But actually, I'd get Kathy's book, Don's current book, and the web edition of Cornsnake Morph Guide.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:23 PM   #6
kathylove
I think you will find the corn and rat book a little more generalized than my book and Don's book. The Corn Morph book online will be the most specialized for that subject, but doesn't cover care, breeding, etc.

I am sure Don's new book will be epic. But I haven't heard anything about it in a long time, so not sure where he is on that project.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:05 PM   #7
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I think you have to have Kathy's book, and then wait for Don's new book. That's the only reason I'd recommend not getting Don's current book. But actually, I'd get Kathy's book, Don's current book, and the web edition of Cornsnake Morph Guide.
I so agree with Nanci.

Those are the books I have and it is money very well spent. My first book was Don's which I saw in a pet store during the planning phase, then Kathy's, and then after reading the sample pages, I got the complete Corn Snake Morph Guide online book package. You can find that linked off of Serpwidgets. I don't plan to breed, but it is so nice to have a better understanding.

If I really only had to pick one right now, it would be Kathy Love's book.

Old 11-24-2015, 11:19 PM   #8
jp8899
If i had to pick one it would be Kathy's book.

Old 11-26-2015, 11:53 PM   #9
jessmarie
If I picked just one? Bill and Kathy Love's is my favorite. I am pretty anxious to get Dons new book though

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google