CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Work in progress

Old 05-16-2016, 03:13 AM   #1
Dmvr
Work in progress

Name:  IMG_20160510_211852 (575x1024).jpg
Views: 97
Size:  168.1 KB

Still needs a bit of tweaking before its finished, maybe some nice backgrounds, and some fake grass on the higher levels.

Hope it's ok

Old 05-16-2016, 05:24 AM   #2
Dmvr
Just for interest sake... There are ventilation holes drilled in the backing on the bottom "shaded" area, I have a under tank heater running on the right hand side of pic.
Lighting is a tube style under counter fluorescent bulb. Photo is a bit crap, sorry

Old 05-16-2016, 11:14 AM   #3
Genlisae
I like it. Using the height as well. Out of curiosity (and because it isn't immediately evident) how are the platforms mounted?

Old 05-16-2016, 11:27 AM   #4
axis1
Looks like a luxury condo for corns! I like it! Must be really cool to have that much space to dedicate to your sneaky ones! Just curious, does it have any prospective tenants?

BTW, in NYC, real estate like THAT is very expensive and extremely rare! I pay over $1000 a month rent for my own digs and my apartment is so small that when someone rings the front doorbell, my toilet bowl flushes!!

Old 05-17-2016, 02:44 AM   #5
Dmvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genlisae View Post
I like it. Using the height as well. Out of curiosity (and because it isn't immediately evident) how are the platforms mounted?
I used the type of fasteners usually used for cabinets, and have some pillars to support the sides not attached to the cage. The pillars are basically the wooden style curtain rods cut to size.
My corn uses all of it, she enjoys going to the top hide quite often when she wants some cooler temps.

Old 05-17-2016, 02:48 AM   #6
Dmvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis1 View Post
Looks like a luxury condo for corns! I like it! Must be really cool to have that much space to dedicate to your sneaky ones! Just curious, does it have any prospective tenants?

BTW, in NYC, real estate like THAT is very expensive and extremely rare! I pay over $1000 a month rent for my own digs and my apartment is so small that when someone rings the front doorbell, my toilet bowl flushes!!
and yes, the pic is quite crap, but there is a corn in there, can just make her out on the bottom right. She is about 2 1/2 years old, +- 90cm (3ft?)
Will probably keep her alone in there. I have a aquarium type tank that I keep her in while i do renovations which will eventually be used for another buddy I hope.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:02 AM   #7
axis1
Wow! Isn't she the lucky one! That's really awesome! Wish I had skills half that good, but when it comes to carpentry, I'm all thumbs!

Old 05-17-2016, 09:11 AM   #8
Dmvr
I'm not that handy either lol, took me some time and a few "choice" words to get it sorted.
The cabinet itself was an old unit I fixed up and closed off and then just tweaked it a bit to suit my needs.
Was lucky to get most of the materials from friends and family, cost me basically nothing except for lights / heat sources and a few bits and bobs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google