CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Trash can tree frogs

Old 03-11-2018, 01:10 AM   #1
Rich Z
Trash can tree frogs

Every Thursday evening we have to take the trash can out to the end of the driveway for pickup on Friday morning. And just about every Thursday evening we have to go through the ritual of capturing one or more tree frogs that have decided that being inside the empty trash can is just a great way to be spending their time. This week there were two of them. So we have to coerce them from the little nooks and crannies they will be in so we can get them into our hands and then relocate them to the nearby plants. I'm beginning to think that they believe it is some kind of game we play with them by now. But this time I threw a little bit of a wrinkle into the game by breaking out the camera and dazzling them with the flashes for the photos. Not sure what they are thinking about this new development, so I guess we'll see if they are back next week for a new round of "Catch the trash can froggies".

Old 03-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #2
Twolunger
I find them around the lid of my cans all the time. Also their favorite spot is behind the rain gutters and downspouts. I was surprised a few months ago when I went to throw in a bag of garbage and there was an adult black racer in the trash can. I didn't see any tree frogs that day in the can.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google