CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

EASY RACK BUILD!!!!

Old 06-16-2010, 08:48 AM   #11
Em Wright
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnakeforsale_com View Post
Just have them do it, it's free or next to free if I remember correctly.
Thanks, I'm thinking I will.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #12
wax32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Wright View Post
Thanks, I'm thinking I will.
I get my flex watt from Rich and Reptile basics and let him wire it. Just figure out how long a shelf you will be using. I use a shelf from Lowes and just get Rich to make the flexwatt 4 feet long.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:11 PM   #13
Em Wright
Oh all right. I was actually wondering what I'd do about length... I guess that's the obvious reason. The more I think about the more I believe I'll just have him do it. I know it'll be done right, I won't have to nag my husband or myself either for that matter... And since it appears to be free with supplies, why not use it?

Thanks guys!

Old 07-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #14
ThePaganJew
I actually took this idea and made a modified version of it to work with the 5 shelf bookcase. The 5 shelf is a little wobbly (trying to find a way to shore it up) but it's working well. I'll put up some pictures later if you all want.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #15
Em Wright
Ooo pics would be great. I'd love to see a 5-shelf version of this.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #16
Dreamsnake
That is a beautiful rack. I thought of putting bookcases together like that as well. I'm glad it works so when it's time to built a serpent complex, I can follow in the footsteps of someone wiser. I was wondering, is it possible to put ball pythons and corns in the same rack. Or would that stress the snakes out too much?

Old 07-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #17
ThePaganJew
Ok so here's a picture I took of the 5 shelf. I made extra shelves using particleboard that are made to the perfect height for 28qt tubs. The bottom ones hold corns and the rest hold crested geckos and spare tanks for now.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
Em Wright
Oh that looks so freaking nice! I have one 5-shelf bookcase right now, I'm gonna have to pick up another one. Thanks for sharing pics!

Old 07-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #19
ThePaganJew
What I did for extra shelves was I took one of bookcase shelves to home depot, found someone in the lumber department and went, "excuse could you find me particle or something of a similar thickness and cut me some pieces that would be the size of two of this shelf?" and they did!

Old 07-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #20
Em Wright
Oh yes, Home Depot is pretty good about that. I haven't actually had them cut anything for me, but I've heard before that they cut lumber to the customer's specifications. Very nice if you don't have the proper tools to do so yourself.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
beginner