CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

I think I found a Homemade viv Design I like.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #21
Allalaskan
I got bored lol...

What do you think? Duel Log hides or log hide with a fake pine branch?

also I was thinking as for where the heat goes do you think having a Hide over top of it would work fine or should I have the hide off to the side of the heat?

Old 01-05-2011, 12:27 AM   #22
Allalaskan
Sorry I tried to get the picture to flip right side up but for some reasen its not working.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:56 PM   #23
Allalaskan
Just some better pics of the hides.

Here is Seth in his new hides..

Old 01-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #24
Skully23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allalaskan View Post
What do you think? Duel Log hides or log hide with a fake pine branch?

also I was thinking as for where the heat goes do you think having a Hide over top of it would work fine or should I have the hide off to the side of the heat?
Duel hide with a fake pine branch?
The heat depends on what source you are using. If it is a heat pad, put the hide over it. You need a cool side hide which is why I would use two hides and still use the fake pine/branch stuff. Those shelving seem cramped to me but idk :P Remember to make sure your heat is right

Old 01-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #25
Allalaskan
Believe it or not but the shelves have the same exact floor space as the 29 gallong fish tank he is in now, both are 30 inches wide and 1 foot deep. Only diffrence is the fish tank is 19 inches tall where with the shelves they are 13-15 depending on the shelf, they arnt all spaced the same.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:42 AM   #26
Allalaskan
O and I Think the heat will be ok, I will be testing the unit before any animals go into it

problubly not tomorrow but the day after I will hopefully be starting the front, I have finally decided ( I think) how to do the front. After that I have to order or buy the fallowing..

-Heat Rope
-Thermostat
-PlexiGlass
-Calking or silicone
-aluminum tape
-Lights

and I believe that is it, I already have the linoleum to put in the bottom, the timer for the lights. ALso I found at my local walmart for $10 each they have Florescent lights that actually connect to one another, so I can hook up one then run it strait to the other. That way I only have 1 plug that will plug into the timer and all the lights share the same power source. There can be up to 8 inline how ever I will only have 5.

I am getting more and more excited about this Its finally starting to come together, slowly but surely.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:03 AM   #27
Allalaskan
Also I read on an aquarium site that this stuff http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053 Is suppose to be aquarium safe, so I think this will be the stuff I use. Supposably its the same thing as the name brand aquarium silicone but not as expensive. And Home Depot should have it

Old 01-20-2011, 01:49 PM   #28
Dreamsnake
How is everything coming along?

Old 01-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #29
Allalaskan
Kind of at a stand still for the moment, Money has been tight so I haven't been able to get the stuff I need. Im hoping to get the plexi glass tomorrow, but im not sure If I will or not, I need to sit down and make sure all the bills are payed and have plenty of gas money before I spend any more on this. How ever tomorrow regardless I plan on atleast getting the wood strips for the front cut tomorrow night and possibly get the grooves cut for the plexi glass, but im kinda wanting to wait till I have the plexi to make sure the grooves are not to big or small.

Im thinking about using the LED rope though for lighting, I really like how kittens turned out and I am thinking about going that route instead of 5 different lights.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #30
Allalaskan
Well, I got the boards ripped, and some of them cut to length. I put on a few coats of paint to seal up the wood and have them drying now. I also took a couple of plastic apple juice containers and put them on there side then cut out the bottom side and cut a door into the side to give me 2 more hides. I took and just put a coat of Krylon Fusion Olive drab paint on them so they will be a dark green color. They will be able to use the cut side door or the where the you use to poor the juice out at the mouth as the second door. How ever I ever they will be allowed to dry for weeks before they are ever put to use so I shouldnt have any problem with the paint putting off any fumes I believe. Im going to do a bit more research to be sure before they are ever used with any snakes.

And of course the small screws I use to have I cant find .....soooo im hoping I can find them or thats one more thing I will have to buy lol.

I will post pics tomarrow some time later in the day.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google