CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

ESCAPEE or HIDE LOG HORRORS?

Old 08-11-2014, 08:56 AM   #101
smigon
I have the same tree, and it hasn't been a problem for me at all.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:21 AM   #102
Nanci
I have the largest model of that tree in a couple vivs with adult snakes. They manage to stuff themselves into the hollow cave area.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:44 AM   #103
Corny corn snake
for other people who need help hey tend not to go very far they like warm dark places... Like your bed! nah i'm kidding

Old 11-15-2014, 06:36 PM   #104
crzymom2grl2by
I'll go take a pic, I got the log from a friend and they had a gecko get stuck in the top, so they stuffed papers up there but one of mine got in the area where the paper was and I had a heck of a time getting it out, so I stuffed it with more paper.

I didn't see any pix of a log in the link you posted, Nancy :/

Old 12-04-2014, 08:17 PM   #105
wowfood
My little amel snake has escaped, and I can't help but be in panic mode.

I checked on them tuesday, my older snake was being her usual "sod off and leave me alone" self, while the younger was in the process of shedding. Removed the shed later on tuesday and all was well.

left them be on wednesday (i was sick) went to feed today, after a few hours of nothing, no noise or anything (normally kratos is very inquisitive) I checked on him, all caves, empty, climbing areas empty, I combed the substrate and nothing, then spotted that the plastic bit around the wire where the light comes in was loose, I'm certain that he escaped from there, but I don't know what to do, how to search for him. If he's gotten outside already he's likely dead by now, so many birds in the area would likely see him as a snack, let alone the cold weather we're having.

I'm sorry but does anyone have any advice they can please share with me, I'm absolutely terrified for him, he's my favourite (but don't tell snake that)

Old 12-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #106
wowfood
So I've put his caves on the floor in my room where his viv is, but after looking around no sign of him in here, I've put floor in front of all doorways, and by areas he may crawl beneath.

I also have an old heat mat turned on in the living room with a mouse and cave on it, hoping he'll eat, and stay there to keep warm.

I feel sick with worry though...

Old 12-04-2014, 10:45 PM   #107
crzymom2grl2by
Good luck, the heat pad idea with mouse and cave is a good one. I'm not sure where on the floor you have it, but I've read where snakes like to crawl around the edges of the walls, so maybe put it somewhere dark where a snake might like to crawl. Maybe set another sort of trap for him somewhere else like in a closet or under somewhere he might hide. Something warm to lure him.

Maybe research the types of traps to use. I've read somewhere on this site but don't remember where it was.

Old 12-05-2014, 04:08 AM   #108
smigon
Go to the first page of this thread, it has a list of ways to find escapees. Good luck!

Old 12-05-2014, 04:27 AM   #109
wowfood

Woke up this morning and found Kratos safe and sound inside his cave on the heat mat with a mouse in his belly. Either that or the mouse came to life and I now have a zombie mouse in the house.

The annoying thing?

Everything he could have crawled under or past I put flour down, everything he could have been in or under in the room I looked in or under... the flour was undisturbed, I have no clue where he was hiding.

But yeah he's back in his vivarium safe and sound now. I made sure to push the air vent thing in tight, but it's still a loose fit, terrible design, my old viv they popped in and were a major pain to remove, these seem to fall out with a light touch, I'm honestly surprised he stayed in this long.

ANYWAY. I'm going to seal the vents in place when I get home, any advice on what to use? I don't want them completely sealed up all permanently though, in case I need to change any lights / heat mat etc, but temporarily, maybe a bit of thin glue used for warhammer figures at the top and bottom where it's most likely to pull loose or something.

Old 12-05-2014, 05:53 AM   #110
Nanci
Isn't there a type of Lock Tight that is meant to be removable? Or aquarium silicone, or even just that gummy stuff you use to hang posters?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
escape, escaped, escapee