• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Show off your vivarium

Great vivs! The mopani driftwood stuff can be purchased in different styles, types, and sizes at www.petmountain.com for pretty cheap. Definitely cheaper than from mainstream petstores. Check out the site, they have different types of wood, and in different sizes. Along with lots of other great reptile supplies for very affordable prices. The Natural Aquatic Mopani Wood 16-18" on there is 18.04 right now. Not shabby in my opinion. At petstores and petstore sites I've seen it for waaay more.

Here is Vader's new 20Gallon Long vivarium that I got for Christmas. My mom helped me arrange the decor even though she isn't too sure about snakes...yet. He seemed to be enjoying it already and was out actively exploring.

Attachments

• DSC_0186-001.JPG
    DSC_0186-001.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 779
Here is Vader's new 20Gallon Long vivarium that I got for Christmas. My mom helped me arrange the decor even though she isn't too sure about snakes...yet. He seemed to be enjoying it already and was out actively exploring.

Looks perfect for Vader, he will enjoy it I bet. Your mom will come around soon lol

Ahhhh! I loved going through all of these posts. We fixed up our Bearded Dragon, Aaliyah's tank, and now I have the bug to fix up poor Apollo's (his looks like a hamster cage with all the aspen). As well as our Ball Python, Basil's tank.

I never thought to add fake plants (no clue why), but now I feel inspired. I'll be sure to check out the dollar store for some ideas. :D

Hi, this is my very first viv and I would like to know what you think about it.
I'm afraid I forgot to clean the glass before I took the picture :(
It's been a while since I took the picture and the fern grew an lost the yellowish leaves..
The second picture shows a cave in the background I made!

Attachments

• bla.jpg
    bla.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 716
  • cornsnkae.jpg
    cornsnkae.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 717
It's been a while since I took the picture and the fern grew an lost the yellowish leaves..

This is a sweet looking viv! I would want to live there if I was a snake :) I love the rock wall with ledges and the cave- what is that made out of?

Thank you. :)
I used styrofoam with cement mortar and tinting paint.

Wow, that's so cool... you've kind of inspired me-- I think leading up to when my girl outgrows her current home, I'm going to get a 40-long and maybe try something like this for the back wall.

Oh-- and beautiful snake, too, by the way!

Wow, that's so cool... you've kind of inspired me-- I think leading up to when my girl outgrows her current home, I'm going to get a 40-long and maybe try something like this for the back wall.

Oh-- and beautiful snake, too, by the way!

Thank you :)

I forgot to mention that I used clear lacquer as sealing. The one which is used for toys should be fine.

I plan on getting some of those same plants and vines to add to my snakes' vivs' when I get paid again. Id share my viv's but they're nothing spectacular, especially not compared to a lot of your awesome vivs! I can't wait to get the plants and vines so my snakes can utilize some of their vivs' upper space. I'm also hoping with more coverage they'll spend more time out of their hides exploring.

This is the first of 3 that are being made Buddeh just likes it basic. But I am going to add a large climbing branch with an under stumped area as a hide once I am finished with the the killing, drying and heating of it. Try and take away his DC shoe box he just curls up in the middle of the tank and looks like he sulks
viv3.jpg

viv2.jpg

viv1.jpg

viv5.jpg

viv4.jpg

Nope. No need for screen when the bars are too small for a huge iguana to fit through, plus their claws would tear the screen to ribbons in days.

where did you get that wonderful branch/tree?

I was doing some yard work today, and I had to uproot this little dead tree and it had some awesome dry branches, so I cut one off, baked it, sanded anything sharp, and then stapled some fake vines to it to add to my tank. (I also hammered the staples flat, so there's no way for any part of the snake to get caught in them.)

IMG-8661.jpg

Back