• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2012 breeding thread

How are those dehydrated eggs coming along? new pics to share?
The middle of the clump, 3 eggs nice and plump with veins. Totally amazing! But, the last time I rehydrated a clump, I got deformed hatchlings from it, so I'm cautiously hopeful. One live, viable hatchling from there would be wonderful....

they were only a day or two old right? was it the same scenario as before? very cool, :) so happy there is at least some hope there! can only imagine what they go through in a natural setting... would be kinda cool to see a time lapse video of... :) best of luck!

they were only a day or two old right? was it the same scenario as before? very cool, :) so happy there is at least some hope there! can only imagine what they go through in a natural setting... would be kinda cool to see a time lapse video of... :) best of luck!
Thanks. I love when you finally see eggs slashed and bubbles blowing and wonder how a hatchling could possibly have fit inside the egg. At least 25 days before that stage for me yet though!

Still no eggs from Lil! She's massive, triangle shaped, swirling in her laybox......... and driving me crazy!

I have three of those Triangular shaped Swirlers here driving me nuts to,had the first head out of egg today as well so things are progressing sloooooowly !!! Hope all is good for you J9 and they lay soon.

Lil is laying! 15 good eggs and more coming.............

Attachments

• 002 (500x333).jpg
    002 (500x333).jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 134
20 lovely big eggs from Lil. I thought she'd lay a bigger clutch, but these are such a good size I'm surprised she could fit them all in! No slugs, no eggs retained, phew! In 60 or so days I'll need sedating to stay calm..........
Only Dixie left to lay and she doesn't look at all gravid yet. Hopefully Dolly and Johnny have mated for a second clutch, none of the females lost enough weight to be worrying and they've all started eating. Lil will get her postlay mousie tonight

Attachments

• 001 (500x333).jpg
    001 (500x333).jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 128
Faith's 3 remaining eggs are starting to dimple.......she doesn't look gravid but I've put a laybox in her viv in case of a double clutch.

Faith has shed and is in her laybox, fingers crossed. Day 60 for her 3 eggs, nothing happenig yet....Silk never laid at all, she must have just had big follicles and reabsorbed them? The dehydrated clutch are all shades of nasty, I don't expect 'em to hatch. As they don't smell yet I won't throw them away yet though

2 of Faiths eggs have collapsed and look funky, so only 1 good egg left for my shot at a Christmas diffused, not good odds! Kate and Sundance's clutches are on day 60, all looking good but no pipping yet......

I think Faith's egg is lost, it's darkened and looks slick, without hatching. I'm leaving it for now.
But..................:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer: I have pips!
Sundance's babies are hatching, and I've got twins!

Attachments

• 001 (500x333).jpg
    001 (500x333).jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 005 (500x333).jpg
    005 (500x333).jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 008 (500x333).jpg
    008 (500x333).jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 009 (500x333).jpg
    009 (500x333).jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 96
Oh God those twins are stunning!! Reverse Okeetees have grown on me so much over the past few months, and those two are just gorgeous <3

Back