CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Freaking out! My first snake laid an egg- she was a virgin as far as I know!

Old 07-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #81
Lyion
Very short. It was mainly just to visit a few people.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #82
Lyion
Checked on her like you suggested. I think she has egg binding. I'm really getting concerned at this rate. I think my dad removed the eggs around her while staying. They aren't in there, and I was shocked to find he was also checking the temps because my brother refused to. I'm really worried by this point

Old 07-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #83
Christen
Did she pass any egg while you were gone? Is there an egg at the vent now?

Old 07-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #84
RobbiesCornField
Why would anyone else have been checking on her? Did you tell them to leave her alone while you were gone?
At this point, with how much stress she's undergone because of constant checking and disruptions, I'm tempted to say take her to a vet and have them help you.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #85
Lyion
She didn't pass a single egg and it's at the vent. I told my brother to leave her alone but my dad decided to randomly help. I think I'll just have to take her to the vet.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #86
Lyion
Xia has an appointment with the most reputable reptile vet around for tomarrow.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #87
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyion View Post
Xia has an appointment with the most reputable reptile vet around for tomarrow.
When you take her out could you take a pic of the egg stuck in the vent. A pic could be used for reference when other people are confused and don't know what a stuck eggs looks like.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #88
starsevol
Welp, I have to say it.....why would her temps need to be checked constantly? You have the gauge where you can see it from a distance and just walk by, no need to disturb the snake. And checking on her, removing the eggs, all that might mean that you will have a dead snake soon.
Glad she is going to a vet. Hopefully he can save her.

I am sorry, I just don't get it.
When people say "leave her alone" and you are going on a trip, you leave a note outside the reptile room saying "DO NOT DISTURB SNAKE", you tell every single person in the house before you leave "DO NOT TOUCH SNAKE". What is so difficult about that?

I just don't understand what all happened here.....

Old 07-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #89
Lyion
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
Welp, I have to say it.....why would her temps need to be checked constantly? You have the gauge where you can see it from a distance and just walk by, no need to disturb the snake. And checking on her, removing the eggs, all that might mean that you will have a dead snake soon.
Glad she is going to a vet. Hopefully he can save her.

I am sorry, I just don't get it.
When people say "leave her alone" and you are going on a trip, you leave a note outside the reptile room saying "DO NOT DISTURB SNAKE", you tell every single person in the house before you leave "DO NOT TOUCH SNAKE". What is so difficult about that?

I just don't understand what all happened here.....
I told him not to mess with her and he thought I meant not to touch her, not just to leave her alone.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #90
starsevol
Hopefully she pulls through and in 2030 you can say your old snake lived through all your newbie stupidity, just like I say about my 17 year old boy Calvin.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google