CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

WSCC's 2015 BREEDING SEASON !!

Old 03-21-2015, 11:30 PM   #91
DuxorW
Yeah, can't wait to see those golddust cinders. Caramel cinders are beautiful but I have only seen a couple photos of them, so I'm sure the golddust version will be stunning.

Have you ever made homozygous ultra lavenders and if so were they noticeably different than ultramel lavenders? If that female is het ultra instead of amel you'll get ultra lavenders and ultra lavender tesseras, which is neat if they look different.

I bet you will hit that topaz tessera this year It's only 1/32 for clutch 60 but 1/8 in clutch 61 is not so bad! I have my fingers crossed for you with the sunkissed topaz/butter shatters.

Is the logic behind the lava cinder x okeetee cross to be able to make okeetee lavas and cinders/lava cinders with more red undertones in the F2? Just curious.

Lastly, I'm interested in whether a subset of those miami phase females that are het cinder will be able to produce some female cinders for you (don't know if any of those have been bred before?).

I've definitely already made note of some things I'm interested in

Old 03-22-2015, 07:37 AM   #92
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenna davis View Post
can't wait to see what hatches those are very beautiful snakes
Thank You !!

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 03-22-2015, 07:58 AM   #93
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxorW View Post
Yeah, can't wait to see those golddust cinders. Caramel cinders are beautiful but I have only seen a couple photos of them, so I'm sure the golddust version will be stunning.

Have you ever made homozygous ultra lavenders and if so were they noticeably different than ultramel lavenders? If that female is het ultra instead of amel you'll get ultra lavenders and ultra lavender tesseras, which is neat if they look different.

I bet you will hit that topaz tessera this year It's only 1/32 for clutch 60 but 1/8 in clutch 61 is not so bad! I have my fingers crossed for you with the sunkissed topaz/butter shatters.

Is the logic behind the lava cinder x okeetee cross to be able to make okeetee lavas and cinders/lava cinders with more red undertones in the F2? Just curious.

Lastly, I'm interested in whether a subset of those miami phase females that are het cinder will be able to produce some female cinders for you (don't know if any of those have been bred before?).

I've definitely already made note of some things I'm interested in
Dustin,
Same here. I'm very curious/excited to see the Golddust Cinders myself.

No, I actually always try to stay away from this type of breeding just for that fact, but it may payoff in the long run??
I have a Opal Motley male that I wanted to use on that girl, however as a lot of us know, things don't always work out as planned and he was just wasn't ready for the girls this year, so I had to go to plan B.
If there are Ultramel Lavs there will also be Ultra Lavs and the best way I find to tell the difference between Ultramel & Ultra is the eye color.

Thanks, I hope I get one/two this year as well?? I bred two females that I could get them with so we will see.
The Sunkissed Topaz is only a 1/16 so I have a pretty good shot at that, but the Butter Shatter is a little more out of reach.
I have hit 1/64's before so it's not impossible.

That was part of the plan, but I'd say the main reason of that breeding is to produce some Okeetee Cinders (Cinders w/wide blotch boarders).
The Lava part of the equation is a great added bonus !!
I'm partial to Abbott Okeetees and I have quite a few Okeetee projects going on over here and they are ALL Abbott line based.

I take it you are referring to the Miami Phase Caramels ??
I'm hoping so, but no they have never been bred before. This is their first breeding year......fingers crossed.
Don't worry though, I'm going to gather the info you asked about last year on all of my Cinder breedings and hopefully it will help shed a little more light on the gender linked situation

Cool, sounds great !!

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 03-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #94
Walter Smith
#72 ~ CARAMEL het AMEL HYPO CINDER ph BLOODRED x SAME (3)

One of the late bloomer females.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 03-23-2015, 12:28 AM   #95
DuxorW
You can pretty much count on me getting an ultramel het sk lavender from clutch 67

I know you or Steve or someone else will beat me to it, but I really wanna make ultramel orchids with my SK amel het lavender female!

Old 03-23-2015, 02:17 PM   #96
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxorW View Post
You can pretty much count on me getting an ultramel het sk lavender from clutch 67

I know you or Steve or someone else will beat me to it, but I really wanna make ultramel orchids with my SK amel het lavender female!
LOL..........I'm sure Steve will beat us all to pretty much ANYTHING we can think of

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 03-23-2015, 07:52 PM   #97
jamestosetti
Walter, is the extreme expression pied that you posted a couple pages back also hypo?

Old 03-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #98
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestosetti View Post
Walter, is the extreme expression pied that you posted a couple pages back also hypo?
No, no Hypo in this line...........well, not yet

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 04-03-2015, 02:25 PM   #99
Jessicat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Smith View Post
Thanks Jess !!
Myself as well. This girl was hatched from them two year ago so we will see what comes from them this year.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!
Walter, if you get any more crazy high expressions are you going to keep them all or offer any for sale?
My wallet if you are --->

Old 04-06-2015, 08:50 PM   #100
DuxorW
Have you ever done a cross like #64 (ultramel okeetee x fluorescent reverse) before? I think I like that fluorescent reverse Okeetee even more than extreme reverse Okeetees. The extremes are awesome in their own right but it seems like their white is kind of an off-white with pale yellow/greenish undertone whereas the fluorescent is a stark white. Anyways I can't wait to see the ultramel Okeetees that come from that.

Also, I'm kind of surprised how much an ultramel Miami looks like a regular Miami!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google