• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Amethyst exotics first season!

They are definitely different! Isn't it weird how one gene can vary so much? Like amels. You have your regular amels, reverse okeetees, sunspots...

I made a mistake earlier when I said baby #3 was one of the twins. Baby #3 had its own egg. Apparently the 2nd twin wanted to wait it out in the egg a little longer. But here he/she is!

Baby #5 (twin #2) came out feisty and striking! I got booped about 4 times! This little tail rattler weighs in at a whopping 7.8 grams, and is... a normal? Who knew twins from the same egg could be so different? (Other twin is 6.0 grams and a lavender)
8bc93c42467b62bca6914f8380736320.jpg

Those are pretty big babies for twins. Usually, they two together weigh about what a single egg baby will.

Congrats on the babies! I am anxious to see what they look like after they shed!

Those are huge twins! My twin coxi last year were 3 grams and 5 grams. They were from one of the smaller eggs though.

I was surprised as well! After I posted that both twins were out of the egg, I checked a few hours later and opened the flap and there was still one inside. Little trickster. ;) I really can't believe how big the 2nd one is compared to that first twin.. but the first twin is significantly shorter. Weird.

So, I checked in on them around midnight, and nobody had come out yet. Got up at 9, and there were 5 worms crawling around!

Baby #6, 7.6 grams
2b52942cc907f85535aa06137d2d2524.jpg

Baby #7, 6.1 grams (Aka Striker)
ea2f23c0d299d0d78f805e5b1e11d415.jpg

Baby #8, 5.9 grams
160c37abe7be61b5b5bf6616f54c2ae5.jpg

Baby#9, 5.8 grams (normal or lavender?? It looks different than all of the others.)
64709af0682b79e46f7b541ee7155662.jpg

Baby #10, 7.1 grams
d2cd02dbca8a4d249927f9332bdd4c2f.jpg

Super congrats, Becca!! :D

Really glad, too, that you got some Lavenders. It really sucks when either Murphy screws you over, or hets don't prove out. (I bred a Sunkissed Stripe 50% het Lavender to a Pewter het Lavender this year and was really hoping for some Lavenders het Sunkissed Stripe Charcoal Bloodred, but . . . all normals. Not unexpected, but still . . . bummer.)

Is there Caramel in there? Seems more yellow than red, but could also be something to do with Lavender.

Some lines of Lavender do hatch out very brownish/orangish looking. The very first ones did, I believe, which is why Lavenders were sometimes called "mocha" back then.

Who knew twins from the same egg could be so different? (Other twin is 6.0 grams and a lavender)

If I recall correctly, twinning occurs either because a single embryo splits into two (the rarer type), or when the egg formation around two different embryos doesn't correctly seal them off into their own individual eggs, but instead forms around them both together (the more common). So it looks like that definitely happened with these two. :) And yep, they sure are huge for twins!

Thanks Catherine :)

Yeah Murphy was all like "let's make most of the clutch normals bc why not"... but that's ok. At least the normals have potentially wicked hets! I love how all of the lavenders look so different. It's going to make choosing a holdback or 2 so difficult.. (I kind of like #9..)Even the normals look really nice, and most have nice banding. I'm just happy they're healthy! [emoji14]

Babies 14-16 came out this morning..

Baby #14, 6.5 grams
0a44590bbbd443ea83fd9ef4b8f03194.jpg

Baby #15, 6.4 grams
d1708460a0f4bc37ee270bf25efb4799.jpg

Baby #16, 7.2 grams
16d49e58ec10784e5bdf2894a84df315.jpg

Mom is a sunkissed het lavender from Walter Smith (not sure of the parents), and dad is a hypo lavender motley from Catherine, and produced by Wendy Henderson.. not sure if Catherine knows what Loki's parents are?

Which babies' saddles?

#'s 8, 15, & 16. They remind me of Cinder saddles (on the back half of the snake).

Attachments

• DSC_0055cinderm (2).jpg
    DSC_0055cinderm (2).jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 64
Ooh, I'll try to email you later about it, but is baby 8 available? And maybe 16 too, depending on their genders?

Jeez Catherine, can you wait until they're all out? Hahaha I still have to choose holdbacks! I'll keep you in mind for those though! ;)

Baby #17 is a smart cookie, went right into the hide! 6.5 grams.
a51cfd23ef10ca6448fa69eabfa0ac9a.jpg

I have some sad news.. my favorite baby so far, #9, has passed. I got up around midnight to check on them and saw #9 at the front of the bin. It looked like it got trapped somehow between the bin and paper towel. Though I'm not really sure how it could've gotten hurt on a paper towel..? :( I ended up checking on everyone after that and everyone else is doing well.

This breeding stuff sure can be sad business.

Baby #18 came out this morning. We have 1 more to go!

Baby #18, 6.1 grams
40f11305cb4da2b0fb52cbe568663772.jpg

Well baby #19 finally decided to come into the world today! Can't wait til everyone sheds and gets sexed.
740c2f7ecad40793f5cf489c650ad648.jpg

If anyone wants to follow along besides on here, I am on facebook as well under "Becca Van Steenberg" and I just started a business page titled "Amethyst Exotics", I'm also on instagram as "beccassseven". :)

Baby #1 shed for the first time today. Gorgeous. Now to perfect my popping skills..

7eba9e5327087c88a0e347b62a0c0653.jpg

da2f9ba1bcac2aa114e6b4bcb2f3633c.jpg
So pretty! Can't wait to see the rest. I remember seeing a popping video that Kathy Love had posted that helped me learn how to pop corns vs how I pop balls and other larger pythons.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The others have started to shed as well now. Here's a pic of #2, the first lavender to hatch out. Also the first twin. She is at least an inch or two shorter than the rest of them.. anyone have any experience/advice with that? Can I sell her normally or pet only? Or maybe I should keep her... Oh look, I'm already calling her a her... I haven't even popped her yet. LOL
250b6da2a8f2602cd56cc07d3ca75174.jpg

as far as popping goes try to eyeball the ones you think are male, after a while you can tell, keep trying those ones and some are easier then others. When you "find the spot" youll get it everytime. Good luck

Back