CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Bella just gave me a heart attack!!

Old 11-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #1
nicolefowler2005
Bella just gave me a heart attack!!

So I just got home from work and the first thing I always do is check on Bella!! Well needless to say I was worried when I didn't see her anywhere!! So I took the cover off and started looking closer and checking all the hides and such and couldn't find her anywhere so now I'm crying and freaking out tearing everything out of the cage and taking up all the aspen and still don't see her anywhere!! The last thing I did was take the suction cup vine out and low and behold Bella falls out of it!! You would think a bright orange snake would be easy to find but she had herself twined up in that thing pretty good!! So there's my long winded post of the day I'm still crying cause my nerves are so shot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-15-2015, 06:09 PM   #2
Fauna
It has happened to me, too. I "lost" Shiro, a pink/white snake, in his suction cup vine once. I felt very dumb. Isn't it funny how even the high contrasting colours and still camouflage themselves so well?

x- Misty

Old 11-15-2015, 06:18 PM   #3
nicolefowler2005
I couldn't believe my very bright orange and red snake was able to hide in a green foot long fake vine!! I felt pretty stupid too but I was so relieved that I didn't care!! We are now relaxing and watching the Patriots game lol

Old 11-15-2015, 07:42 PM   #4
DollysMom
Yeah, at least the snake I lost in a vine tonight was brown, lol. You can read more about my viv search here: http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142293

Ps. I forgot to say I'm really glad you found her and that all is well!

Old 11-15-2015, 08:00 PM   #5
nicolefowler2005
Thanks DollysMom I am only 28 but I really thought I was having a heart attack.....probably didn't help that I was balling my eyes out!! I live in Maine so it's like 35 degrees right now and my room is down in a basement so there's cement everywhere and like ten cord of wood she could have disappeared in!!

Old 11-15-2015, 08:19 PM   #6
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolefowler2005 View Post
Thanks DollysMom I am only 28 but I really thought I was having a heart attack.....probably didn't help that I was balling my eyes out!! I live in Maine so it's like 35 degrees right now and my room is down in a basement so there's cement everywhere and like ten cord of wood she could have disappeared in!!
Oh I know. Our brains go into panic mode so easily and we love them so much. And of course Bella is just sitting there chilling in the vine the entire time!

Wow, 10 cords of wood! A winter in the Sierra foothills were I used to live only took 2 cords!

Old 11-15-2015, 08:22 PM   #7
nicolefowler2005
Lol most of its drying so not for use this year!!

Old 11-15-2015, 08:32 PM   #8
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolefowler2005 View Post
Lol most of its drying so not for use this year!!
Thanks for clarifying. I just knew that was a lot of wood!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google