CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

The Egg Watch Continues . . .

Old 07-14-2016, 12:24 PM   #51
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
I don't know what morph little different is, but s/he sure is pretty. Is there some striping of some kind? The skittishness is the sign of a very healthy normal hatchling IMO. Keep the good news coming Axis. Looking good!
I DO believe there is some striping action occurring, though it's difficult to actually see it too clearly at this point. The differences to last year's small group of 3 survivors from a clutch of 12 eggs is staggering though, possibly because Lilly mates with two different males.

The pics aren't the best quality, but there's a couple I was able to find after digging through my old Blackberry files (NOTHING compared to my much newer iPhone 6s+). However, they still have to be re-sized considerably, so I will post them soon!

Old 07-14-2016, 02:04 PM   #52
axis1
The difference between Lilly's 2015 clutch: 3 different hatchlings consisting of 3 different morphs!

#1 - "Torch" - the first to pop out on 7/29/15 (pardon the quality of pix taken from an older Blackberry):

Old 07-14-2016, 02:09 PM   #53
axis1
#2 - "Noodles" - also hatched on 7/29/15. Unfortunately both Noodles & Torch never ate but survived for almost 3 whole months!! It was sad to watch them wither away (notice the quarter in the tank next to Noodles to give an idea of size).

Old 07-14-2016, 02:24 PM   #54
axis1
Ozzy Lives!!

#3 - "Ozzy" - the only surviving hatchling from Lilly's clutch last year who hatched on 7/30/15! He/she will turn exactly one year old soon and currently weighs in at about 140 grams! Ate its first small adult mouse on 7/9/16!! He looked much different than how he turned out!

Old 07-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #55
DollysMom
Ozzy is beautiful! I'm so sorry about his siblings. I think having more experience and all this help here you will do much better with this year's hatchlings!

Old 07-14-2016, 04:07 PM   #56
axis1
Okay, okay! I know, it's getting a little monotonous to say the least, but here goes #'s 7 through 9!

Old 07-14-2016, 04:08 PM   #57
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Ozzy is beautiful! I'm so sorry about his siblings. I think having more experience and all this help here you will do much better with this year's hatchlings!
Thanx Dollysmom!! Hope you're right!! Actually, you can't be wrong! They say expertise the best teacher! If that's true, I should be OK!!!

Old 07-14-2016, 04:13 PM   #58
axis1
"Experience"

'Scuse the typo! Damn autocorrect is on autopilot!!

Old 07-14-2016, 07:33 PM   #59
DollysMom
No Axis, pipping never gets old. This last trio is adorable. Nothing cuter than three little pink noses peeking out!

Old 07-15-2016, 09:14 AM   #60
axis1
Update On Day #5!!

Hey, how ya been?

Just a quick one - while numbers 1 through 9 are finally all out of their shells, numbers 10 through 13 were pipping thru their shells, suggesting a somewhat relatively ssslllloowww finish to the race to hatch!! Here's a quick shot of the whole crew whilst individual deli cups are cleaned out for them. Notice the "odd" one who looks different than the rest? (Of course, I'm already thinking of keeping that one!!)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google