• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

CB 2018 Candy Cane Tessera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Frog

Captive Bred 2018 Male Candy Cane Tessera.

Breed him to any other corn snake and make around 50% Tessera hatchlings in the first clutch.the tessera is a incomplete dominant gene, so anything bred to one throws 50% tesseras the very first year. No hets needed.

Feeding on f/t pinkies.

$135.00 plus fedex overnight shipping.
send me your zip code for a shipping quote.

Contact info.:dancer:
PM or [email protected]
609 675-8096

Attachments

• 7718candycane_1603_edited-1.jpg
    7718candycane_1603_edited-1.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 132
  • 7718candycane_1590_edited-1.jpg
    7718candycane_1590_edited-1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 129
  • 7718candycane_1601_edited-1.jpg
    7718candycane_1601_edited-1.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 129
Beauty of a amelanistic tessera but .......it doesn't look like a candycane version of a amelanistic to me. Matter of fact it looks like it will gain much more red/orange in his background as he matures.

I agree, Frank. This snake is incredibly vibrantly colored. A candycane should be a start red and white or orange and white.
OP, this will sell better if you change the labeling of it.

It is not a candycane. That you cannot apparently tell the difference between a regular amel tessera and a candycane tessera is a concern.

It is not a candycane. That you cannot apparently tell the difference between a regular amel tessera and a candycane tessera is a concern.

You are disrespectful rude and argumentative I will not respond to you because of that.

Father of was a high/wide white tessera reverse okeetee, mother is a high white candy cane.

You are disrespectful rude and argumentative I will not respond to you because of that.

Father of was a high/wide white tessera reverse okeetee, mother is a high white candy cane.

Parents not withstanding, the definition of "candycane" is a snake with white and red or orange. No yellow or orange in the white areas. The pictured snake does not fit that description. It's an amel.

With the doubt that has been cast upon this male I decided to raise him up and breed to 1 or 2 of my candy cane females. I do have much better candy cane terresa males than this guy but now I'm curious to see what hatches.

So, if you look at this snake, you can see how clean he is, and still, I'm not labeling him as a "candycane," because I got burned by how a really nice candycane-appearing hatchling eventually developed. If you search on here for "candycane tessera," you'll find a couple of his offspring. I didn't even sell those as candycanes. You don't want your customers to be disappointed down the line when the snake develops a ton of color.

Beauty of a amelanistic tessera but .......it doesn't look like a candycane version of a amelanistic to me. Matter of fact it looks like it will gain much more red/orange in his background as he matures.

I have to agree with this assessment. I have raised up a boatload of Candy Cane Corns over the years, and the marker I found most relevant to how the background color was going to turn out was the amount of orange coloration along the dorsal area immediately behind the head. The further down the spine the orange coloration extended, and the more intense it was as a hatchling, the more overall background orange coloration the snake would have as an adult.

I'm not saying this is an absolutely infallible method, but it was pretty darn accurate, with NO exceptions that I can recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back