CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Patternless, no belly check havin', whitish pink thingy! (picture heavy)

Old 06-14-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
Jay@PJCReptiles
Patternless, no belly check havin', whitish pink thingy! (picture heavy)

Hi Everyone,
I was checking on the first pippies again last night and I was quite amazed at what I found. When this egg first pipped I took a quick look through the slits in the egg and thought it was a Hypo Snow. Once the snake stuck it's head out of the egg I realized this is no Hypo Snow. This snake looks nothing like it's Hypo Snow clutchmates. This was produced from a Ghost het Blizzard pairing. I presume this to be a Snow Phantom/Blizzard Ghost (Amel + Anery + Charcoal + Hypo). If so, we were lucky to hit the 1/16. After the snake emerged from the egg I did a good inspection of him/her. This thing is complete patternless and has no belly checks yet there is no Bloodred in the mix. This is a very odd and striking looking snake. I tried to capture it's true coloration using different lighting but it's not quite right. I will try natural lighting after it sheds. I would appreciate any feedback you might have about this guy/gal. Thanks for looking and I hope you like.
Jay

Old 06-14-2008, 12:22 AM   #2
Jay@PJCReptiles
Few more...............

Old 06-14-2008, 01:23 AM   #3
Mrs InsaneOne
That is one cool looking snake... I am not even going to hazard a guess on what it could be, though I am really looking forward to seeing pictures of it after it sheds and as it grows, cause I have a feeling that is going to be a keeper.

Old 06-14-2008, 01:30 AM   #4
Snakexperience
Very interesting and stunning baby!!! First impression here says hypo blizzard perhaps also homo anery but i think you cant see that in this mix because of the hypo being there..

Arjan

Old 06-14-2008, 08:26 AM   #5
El Jefe
Well...I had a number of blizzards look farily patternless and I can only imagine if you add hypo and anery A to that it would look really cool and probably take away some color. Maybe? Nice snake in any case...you'll have to post updated photos once it sheds.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:29 AM   #6
Nanci
That's a beautiful baby, Jay! You should make more of them! If it is a snow/phantom/blizzard/ghost- that is one morph in need of a trade name!! Please don't forget to do a lot of photoshoots of him!

Old 06-14-2008, 04:30 PM   #7
Jay@PJCReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohrSnakes View Post
Well...I had a number of blizzards look farily patternless and I can only imagine if you add hypo and anery A to that it would look really cool and probably take away some color. Maybe? Nice snake in any case...you'll have to post updated photos once it sheds.
Thanks Jeff. You know I will be taking as many pictures as possible of this guy. With the pairing that I used this snake can only be a Snow Phantom. The parents are Ghosts het Amel, Charcoal. In this clutch I got all three of the other possibilities, Ghosts, Hypo Snows, Platinums and this thing. This snake looks nothing like the Hypo Snows in the clutch therefore this must be a Snow Phantom (Amel + Anery + Charcoal + Hypo). It couldn't be anything else but. I can't wait for it to shed so I can start to see the true coloration. I think this is going to turn out to be a very interesting snake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
That's a beautiful baby, Jay! You should make more of them! If it is a snow/phantom/blizzard/ghost- that is one morph in need of a trade name!! Please don't forget to do a lot of photoshoots of him!
Thanks Nanci. I wish I could just pull them out of mid air. But I will have to wait until next year to give it a go again. You know more pictures are coming of this thing. As far as a trade name? Don't get me started ..... lol.
Jay

Old 06-14-2008, 04:39 PM   #8
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakexperience View Post
perhaps also homo anery but i think you cant see that in this mix because of the hypo being there..
Don't worry, Anery is definitely in the mix regardless of whether it's a Snow or Blizzard combination . . . the parents are both Ghosts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJCReptiles View Post
Once the snake stuck it's head out of the egg I realized this is no Hypo Snow.
I don't know why, or even if it's accurate, but that pointy little white nose in the first pic just screams Blizzard the second I saw it. I'm not sure if it's an accurate trait or not, but it seems as if even my 'normal' Blizzards have that dainty pointed nose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJCReptiles View Post
This snake looks nothing like it's Hypo Snow clutchmates. . . . If so, we were lucky to hit the 1/16.
I think you guys nailed it! Congratulations! I'm proud of the fact that they're in your possession now and you hatched one out.

D80

Old 06-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #9
bekers71
IMO I think it is a hypo blizzard. Even if the calculators tell us it can't happen, mother nature may say other wise. What ever he is, he is very pretty. Congrats!

Old 06-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #10
Nanci
I hope it's a girl. Then I would name her Petal.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google