CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Patternless, no belly check havin', whitish pink thingy! (picture heavy)

Old 01-06-2009, 05:48 AM   #71
a_god_s
Really loving that little snake...Those close-up of the eyes are incredible!!

Keep'em coming!!

Old 01-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #72
sober_serpents
can i ask for a picture comparison shot? Just being curious to see how it looks-now- compared to a blizzard? If i over crossed the boundaries, i'm sorry. i just find the lil sucker amazing. i remember you posting pics (or someone) on kingsnake.com when it hatched out... i'm interesting in seeing if the hypo gene affected its color compared to a regular run-of-the-mill blizzard? thanks! And sorry if i offended you....
~kin

Old 01-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #73
Susielea
Wow Jay, he still looks amazing! I'll second Nanci's enquiry, is there the possibility of another this coming season? If so, I can't wait to see if it has the same unique look!

Thanks for the updated pics

Old 01-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #74
*salAMANDA88*
WOW! Jay he is sooooo beautiful. I am just in love with this little "Powder" guy.
His eyes are amazing. I can't believe how beautiful he really is. I think now I have a much better respect for the pink snakes..haha..at first It was iffy..but my Coral snow I got from you guys..kinda made me think again.BTW did my Coral snow come from the same clutch?PJCR-015??..I think you told me before..but I forgot.
Thanks for sharing your little treasure with us..yet again

~Amanda~

Old 01-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #75
Candy_Cane1
Stunning! I mean, seriously! My eyes near exploded at his color! (Or the lack there of!)

Old 01-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #76
jenneses
Wow, he's looking awesome!

Old 01-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #77
Jay@PJCReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
He is just so cool!!!!!!!!!!! Will there be the possibility of another this spring??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susielea View Post
Wow Jay, he still looks amazing! I'll second Nanci's enquiry, is there the possibility of another this coming season? If so, I can't wait to see if it has the same unique look!
Thanks for the replies you two. To answer your question the answer is yes. I have the same pairing again this year. So I have my fingers crossed, exiled "Murphy" to a far off forgotten place and threw a dash of salt over my shoulder. Maybe I will be super lucky and get two in the clutch this year.
DAMN! I think I might have just jinxed myself with that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *salAMANDA88*
BTW did my Coral snow come from the same clutch?PJCR-015??..I think you told me before..but I forgot.
Yes Amanda. Your Coral Snow is from the same clutch. So your snake is also 66% p/het Charcoal. Might have a good chance to produce your own in a couple of years.
Jay

Old 01-06-2009, 06:43 PM   #78
vetusvates
Jay, I must say that is about the most bizarrely beautiful snake I have ever seen.
Gosh. Thirty-five years ago, how could I ever have guessed I'd be seeing or saying such a thing.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #79
tricksterpup
Very interesting.. keep us updated Jay.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #80
Jay@PJCReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sober_serpents View Post
can i ask for a picture comparison shot? Just being curious to see how it looks-now- compared to a blizzard? If i over crossed the boundaries, i'm sorry. i just find the lil sucker amazing. i remember you posting pics (or someone) on kingsnake.com when it hatched out... i'm interesting in seeing if the hypo gene affected its color compared to a regular run-of-the-mill blizzard? thanks! And sorry if i offended you....
~kin
Hi Kin,
No, you have not crossed the boundaries. Asking a question like this about "Powder" is perfectly fine. I would give you some comparison pictures if I had a Blizzard to compare it to. What makes it difficult is the fact you need to see it in person to see the real differences. Kind of hard to do that when your there and i'm here. The first thing I can think of as a difference is that just up until rescently he was pretty much translucient in color. He was basically colorless when he hatched. Also there is a strange wash that gives the appearence of a soft layer of powder all over him. Again, you would really have to see him in person. The next thing I am noticing is the odd pale blue coloration he is getting in his eyes. I have never seen a Blizzard with anything other then a pink/red eye. Why I don't have a Blizzard in our collection is beyond me. If everything goes right this year I should have Blizzards and possibly even a couple of Whiteouts. If "Murphy" is good to me this year and everything turns out fine I will definitely be able to get comparison pictures then. It will be cool to see first hand the differences between the morphs.
Jay

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google