CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Not a Project

Old 09-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #1
Jimmysan00
Question Not a Project

I know this is not a DIY project being posted, but it's an idea for a DIY and i wasn't sure where else to place it in the forum. I was thinking about building something like an extra tank, but it would just be 4 sides, and no cover. Plus the bedding would just be paper towels or newspaper. This would be my exercise "gym" tank for my snake. After handling it I could put it into the gym that was twice the size of the viv she's currently living in, and let her roam and really stretch out. Have no hides so she'd be forced to roam and move around, and have built ledges and climbing branches/vines. Exploration for the snake and exercise for muscle tone. What do you guys think? Good or bad Idea? I was thinking that maybe it would be too stressful and the snake might not roam, but i noticed whenever i handle her she likes to sprint on my lap or arm. JW

Old 09-12-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
bitsy
It's always a bad idea to force Corns out into the open. She'd get exercise by trying to find somewhere to hide, but this would induce stress and you risk her going off her food (amongst other things).

By all means build her a bigger living tank if you want - she can have plenty of climbing equipment along with lots of comfy hides and ground cover. One of my vivs is four feet side and three feet tall, with shelves on two levels and climbing branches.

Be warned that some Corns simply prefer to stay at floor level and may not use clmibing equipment or upper levels if required. It's an individual preference.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google