CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

temporary trees

Old 05-14-2003, 07:35 PM   #1
jakethesnake001
temporary trees

I'm looking to put some vines and trees in my snakes terrarium. I heard of aquarium sealant, but i want something that is only tmporary, so when i buy jake a larger setup, i can put a king, garter, or a ball python in there. Any advice would be appreciated!!!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2003, 08:20 PM   #2
surfrkidTS
don't know if it is extremely stable... but they have the giant suction fake plants and even magnet fakies. Can't really tell you anything if you want real plants

Old 05-14-2003, 09:15 PM   #3
jakethesnake001
i don't want real plants. I just wanna know if there is anyway to temporarily support logs and trees, that can hold the weight of an adult corn.

Old 05-14-2003, 10:28 PM   #4
surfrkidTS
Make them a little longer then the legth of your cage, and then set them up diagonal from one side to the other so that it cannot fall no matter what. Otherwise, just make sure they are an inch or two thick for each limb, and have a very large base.

Old 05-14-2003, 10:30 PM   #5
jakethesnake001
Ya i heard that in another post, but i don't want to limit ground space. Any other ideas?

Old 05-14-2003, 10:52 PM   #6
surfrkidTS
hmmmm.... not that I can think of but I'll tell you if i see anything cool at the Pamona show this weekend

Old 05-15-2003, 04:11 AM   #7
blito
i have a mug tree set up in the tank for my yearling
the base is under the substrate, and theres rocks either side for additional support. Fine for my 22" yearling but i doubt your adult would like it...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google