• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My new mousie pick ups

carol

Down with the sickness
VJ (VinnyJ) and Lara (curiousL) were the sweetest hosts ever! They let me and my gang stay with them while we were in So Cal and VJ gave me this lovely collection of mice to work into my colonies. Thanks so much! :cheers:
Excuse my lack of knowledge on technical mouse terms, but at least I know they are mice and not mooses. :)

# 1 Is of a lovely Siamese
# 2 The blackest danged mouse you've ever seen
# 3 A Burmese
# 4 What looks like a dilute grey mouse that got into a bag of cheetos
# 5 One of the two Chinchilla colored ones I got, super cute!

Attachments

• P1011140.JPG
    P1011140.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 121
  • P1011146.JPG
    P1011146.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 122
  • P1011147.JPG
    P1011147.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 121
  • P1011149.JPG
    P1011149.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 123
  • P1011151.JPG
    P1011151.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 121
Next is a Satin, I'm not sure if she is a Merle or a Splash. She has more white "splashing" than shows up. She's so shiney, it's hard to get pics of her. My first Satin ever, I'm really excited!

The rest are just a few of my own that have popped up recently. # 2 is a really nice black Merle that I plan on breeding to the above Satin.

# 3 is of a super fuzzy long haired girl and a male that wants to be two different colors. I'm not too sure what's behind that, but I'm a little worried about him because his fur always looks kind of greasy like that. And no, they really don't get that many sunflower seeds, they just hide them all in that one spot. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• P1011155.JPG
    P1011155.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 121
  • P1011175.JPG
    P1011175.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 120
  • P1011159.JPG
    P1011159.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 123
Yep, that really IS a black mouse! I got some brown and white mice for my second colony, and had to cull the babies at peach, because they look so much cuter than the pink-eyed whites, I'll never cull out hoppers from them, I've found out I'm too soft-hearted. How do you manage to cull your mice? (Not the physical method, just, how?)

diamondlil said:
Yep, that really IS a black mouse! I got some brown and white mice for my second colony, and had to cull the babies at peach, because they look so much cuter than the pink-eyed whites, I'll never cull out hoppers from them, I've found out I'm too soft-hearted. How do you manage to cull your mice? (Not the physical method, just, how?)

The two black ones are my favorites. I have a really hard time culling them, I have so many cute things pop up. I kept telling VJ, one of these days I'm going to make it a lot easier on myself and stick with albino lab mice. :cry:

Thank goodness it's not just me then! The lab-type mice were easy to deal with, but I think with the colourful ones I'll see if I can set up a trade for food at the petshop for any that grow on

Not just you at all. I decided to feed off one of my colonies in anticipation of moving, but I did keep the one that produced the black mouse. I also have worked on handling my black mouse a little, she is the only feeder I have that will let me pick her up and takes food from my hands. I know it's just a rodent but when the day comes she has to become snake food I will be kinda sad. Not quite as black as that mouse of yours though Carol, that one's really pretty!

carol said:
VJ (VinnyJ) and Lara (curiousL) were the sweetest hosts ever! They let me and my gang stay with them while we were in So Cal and VJ gave me this lovely collection of mice to work into my colonies. Thanks so much! :cheers:
Excuse my lack of knowledge on technical mouse terms, but at least I know they are mice and not mooses. :)

# 1 Is of a lovely Siamese
# 2 The blackest danged mouse you've ever seen
# 3 A Burmese
# 4 What looks like a dilute grey mouse that got into a bag of cheetos
# 5 One of the two Chinchilla colored ones I got, super cute!

In case you're interested:

#2 = Black with the Extreme Non-Agouti recessive gene. This recessive will make self colours (non-banded hairs) much more 'selfy' - you won't get banded hairs in them.
#4 = "Argente" in the UK, basically a pink eyed agouti on black base. I've got a couple of these myself.
#Greasy Male = He might be a Sable, in which case, they can be a bit prone to things like that...

Okay, I never thought I'd think this about a mouse...but that black mouse is extremely cool looking. :)

Back