CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Bonnie Popped!!!!

Old 09-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #1
maegann
Bonnie Popped!!!!

OMG!! SHE POPPED!!! I got hame from school and I went to check on her. Well, she was all curled up and I started to hear little squeaks and I saw one that was half way out from under her!! I imediatly backed out of the room and called my parents to tell them! I will get pics up as soon as I get a working camera.

It is gonna be soo hard to feed them off, but that is their purpose I guess.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
maegann
I jsut went to check on her and I noticed that one of the babies was pushed out of the nest. It was obviously dead so I took it out and it's head was bitten off!! Should I be worried for the rest of the litter, or did she know something I didn't about that one??

Old 09-26-2006, 10:24 PM   #3
Bobo's Mama
I just wanted to say congratulations! I remember what it was like for me when my first female popped. I wouldn't worry if she eats a few this time. Its just beginner's luck. Next time she'll do better. What are you feeding them just out of curiosity? Sometimes if you don't provide the female with enough protein she will eat some.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:00 AM   #4
maegann
I was feeding her lab blacks and a bagged mixture (it has sunflower seeds and other stuff). I just gave her a treat cup with peas, carrots, a dog biscuit, and some almonds. I dont think she has eaten any more, I went to check on her this morning and she moved the nest, but she wasn't on them so I counted 7. All alive and well, very dark pink, lol. How long should I wait till I should try to sex them? Sadly they will be food, but my mom says I can keep one female so Bonnie can raise it. hmmm.....

Old 09-27-2006, 09:00 AM   #5
maegann
since my good camera isnt workin, i had to use my cheap camera that takes horrible pics. So this is my attempt to get pis of the pinks...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google