CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Anyone use Layne Labs?

Old 10-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #41
schnebbles
I hope MiceDirect is good, just placed a huge order with them. I think they are in IL and I'm in IN but shipping was still $40 but I think it was 1100 mice. Splitting the order with another member so we can save on shipping. Love that!

Old 10-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #42
skelator
holy crap thats alotta mice!

Old 06-04-2016, 03:37 PM   #43
ferretti1228
layne labs

shipping was $48.00 and took six days I was very disappointed in this site!

Old 06-04-2016, 03:59 PM   #44
Karl_Mcknight
unless a person has many snakes, buying in bulk like that really doesn't make much sense. What little money you save, you end up spending on the shipping charges.

I am able to buy mice at 3 local stores in my area for about 2.50 per mouse. I have not been able to find any online sites that actually save me money unless I buy over 100, and since I currently have only 1 snake, that just makes no sense. 100 Mice would last about 3 years, and I'm not going to eat anything that's been in the freezer that long and neither is my snake.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:04 PM   #45
DollysMom
I just placed my 3rd order with Layne. Price and quality of the mice are great, but yes with shipping it is only economical with 2 or more snakes to feed. I order for six months at a time. My price, including shipping works out to $1.03 a mouse. That's enough less than PetSmart to make it worth the effort.

As to the complaint post, which looks like a google and sign up just to complain, Layne quotes shipping before you buy so anyone can take or leave it. They clearly state they only ship 3 days a week and so if you order on a Thursday it can easily take 6 days from order to delivery. This is clearly stated on their web site. If you don't like that, don't order from them.

My mice have arrived well packed, hard frozen and are top notch. The shipping price is not the lowest but the quality is high and because they will sell in bags of 10 and 25 it can work out for us small time keepers with snakes at differing prey size needs. I looked at other deals this time around but went back to Layne.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:03 AM   #46
axis1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
I just placed my 3rd order with Layne. Price and quality of the mice are great, but yes with shipping it is only economical with 2 or more snakes to feed. I order for six months at a time. My price, including shipping works out to $1.03 a mouse. That's enough less than PetSmart to make it worth the effort.

As to the complaint post, which looks like a google and sign up just to complain, Layne quotes shipping before you buy so anyone can take or leave it. They clearly state they only ship 3 days a week and so if you order on a Thursday it can easily take 6 days from order to delivery. This is clearly stated on their web site. If you don't like that, don't order from them.

My mice have arrived well packed, hard frozen and are top notch. The shipping price is not the lowest but the quality is high and because they will sell in bags of 10 and 25 it can work out for us small time keepers with snakes at differing prey size needs. I looked at other deals this time around but went back to Layne.
Wow! Thanx for that! I also have like 5 or 6 places to get mice in my neighborhood, at an average of 2 to 3 bucks a pop, but with 4 sneaky ones and more on the way, I think I might look into Layne for the possibility of stocking up, especially for hatchlings which can go through mice like crap through a goose!!

And here I initially thought this thread was prematurely brought back to life by accident! Just goes to show that ya never know!!

Old 06-05-2016, 02:09 PM   #47
ferretti1228
yes the shipping procedure was listed ,but not the high price of the shipping. I feel like $48.00 for 50 2 gram mice should be enough for overnight shipping.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:39 PM   #48
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post

I agree! LL used to be much quicker, before they became more popular. I used to get my orders within a few days of placing them. A lot of people started using them, after RP had quality issues a few years back.
Due to the increase in demand, their turn around time became the same time frame as RP and other popular large feeder suppliers.
Those on the west side are going to get a better deal on shipping costs. Even when RP has cheaper prices, I pay more for shipping, to go across the U.S..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretti1228 View Post
yes the shipping procedure was listed ,but not the high price of the shipping. I feel like $48.00 for 50 2 gram mice should be enough for overnight shipping.
Once you start selecting your items, on the right hand side, there is a blue box under the list of items in your cart, that says "calculate", to give you an idea of shipping costs.
They have to use a minimum sized box to fit the insulation and dry ice in.
It is more cost effective to order large quantities.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:13 PM   #49
Shirl
I use LL exclusively now after trying a bunch of others. The feeders are by far the best and the customer service is fantastic. LL is one of the only places you can buy small amounts of feeders and I have snakes (13) using multiple sizes but are ready for the next size so this appeals to me. BUT...I live in CA so shipping is comparable to Big Cheese for me and they come in one day.

Also, I had placed a mod/lg order recently and some A$$ stole them off my porch (that's Karma for you!) and LL sent me a new order ASAP...no questions asked!!

Old 06-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #50
DLena
I placed my very first order for shipped mice a few months ago from American Rodent. The product is good, everything was well packed and labeled. Their site describes by name and weight, so I had no problem wondering what to order. I got jumbo mice, large, medium, small, and crawlers. They are well distributed across the weight gradient.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google