• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

FROZEN FEEDERS PRICE COMPARISONS

Forgot a question- does anyone know how long mice keep in the freezer? I've heard a year, and I'm about to throw away a TON of unused mice =\.

Are they vacuum sealed? If they are sealed, and still look good, I would call them good. If you thaw them and they seem a bit off, then ditch them.

nah theyre not vaccuum seeled. They're in a zip-lock style bag. I recall this question coming up in the forum before, I only remember I think that the consensus was a year. Honestly, I need to get some larger mice for Lars anyways. So not a huge deal. I bought large mice, thinking they'd be sufficient, and they aren't. He's currently getting a large mouse and a hopper from Var's outgrown stash. She'll be off weanlings soon too, so I have to order mice either way. But it always sucks to throw out mice if I myself or someone could use them, ya know.

I buy mine from a local store near here, the same pet store I got Snake from, not sure who their supplier is, generally they get the mice in sandwich boxes, you just go look through the freezer and grab the ones you want. It's something like 40p per pinkie, 60 for a fuzzy although I can't remember exactly.

Back