CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

First Mice Colony

Old 10-06-2006, 09:43 AM   #1
CoralSnowCorn
First Mice Colony

Man I can't wait I am getting my first mice ever soon , I am getting 1 male and 2 females. I was just woundering if anybody new how many snakes could be fed of 2 females? When I get them I will post some pics, and pics of what I got them living in, so you can tell me anything I am doing wrong.

Old 10-06-2006, 09:56 AM   #2
bungle
our female mice usually have around 15 babies and we take the majority of those as pinkies and then leave the rest so we have fluffs and smalls for the larger snakes. they only take 3 weeks to become smalls and ween off their mothers so its a quick and easy process (which is ideal so you don't get to attached to the mice)

Old 10-06-2006, 07:50 PM   #3
simple_minded
It might take them a while to get started at first. But females will have a litter every 3 weeks. Each litter is anywhere from 6-20 babies. We'll say 10 to be on the safe side. So that's about 20 pinkies every 3 weeks if you have 2 mice. Or about 7 a week. Again.. you might get lucky and have a litter of 18 pinkies. And you can always keep back a female from your litter if you find out that you're running short on feeders.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:14 PM   #4
CoralSnowCorn
Ok, here is what I got.

This Steve my male.

This is one female, Spot. Its a little hard to see becasue my camera sucks up close.
Last but not least my 2nd female Jumpy.

So what do you think?

Old 10-07-2006, 04:18 PM   #5
diamondlil
I found it easier when I got my first trio, because they are pink-eyed whites. My new ones are much prettier, and I may resort to swapping them at the petshop for frozen ones if I can't kill off the hoppers without pangs of conscience

Old 10-07-2006, 05:34 PM   #6
Flagg
Looks ok, except I don't see any water bottle. Find one that has an aquarium hanger. Water dishes won't work, they get turned over and bedding dumped in them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google