CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Can corns eat hamsters?

Old 02-12-2007, 03:40 PM   #51
Almase
lol, I said I got banned because we were talking about politics. I am a far right conservative and the LARGE majority of that forum was liberal and they couldnt keep up with me so they complained basically because I said kill the enemy on their own turf before they kill us on ours. I mean tehre was ALOT more to it than that. But I gave all the reasons why and they just, well they were libs and they couldnt debate me so they told on me. So I didnt get banned because of what I said about animals. You just have to understand I am a very blunt person and really I dont care if you think im cruel or not. But you're not going to accuse me of being cruel. You can think it all you want however. Im not trying to start an argument over this.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:43 PM   #52
Tula_Montage
Here we go again. I was going to PM the thread starter and suggest they tone it down a bit. The way his views were expressed was rather blunt IMO. But hes perfectly entitled to them. So accept it and move on.

But whats the point

Lets not dig the hole any deeper

Old 02-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #53
diamondlil
I'm not accusing you of breing cruel, I'm asking you to tone down and not use bad language.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:50 PM   #54
Almase
Well, I guess when I said under $20 I wasnt referring to cheap dogs. That was more along the lines for, rabbits, mice, hamsters, frogs ect ect. If I had a house cat (which I cant cause my dog would kill it) it would go to the vet because I would buy a good cat, something expensive like a Siamese. I wouldnt get it licensed or whatever. I would again use my excuse "But really, who owns a cat? They come and go as they please" lol. Thats a good one to use. Just act surprised if humane society comes over and you have a cat with no license inside. Cats own themselves.

lol, beating a dead horse.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #55
Almase
Oh, about the bad language haha...Sorry, sometimes it just comes out. No F bombs though.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:55 PM   #56
diamondlil
Kudos for the apology! Now where are the pictures of your horses and dogs for the general chit-chat? It sounds like you live in a rural area, so people like me who are stuck in boring places love to see pictures of the places luckier people live in!

Old 02-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #57
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almase
Well, I guess when I said under $20 I wasnt referring to cheap dogs. That was more along the lines for, rabbits, mice, hamsters, frogs ect ect. If I had a house cat (which I cant cause my dog would kill it) it would go to the vet because I would buy a good cat, something expensive like a Siamese. I wouldnt get it licensed or whatever. I would again use my excuse "But really, who owns a cat? They come and go as they please" lol. Thats a good one to use. Just act surprised if humane society comes over and you have a cat with no license inside. Cats own themselves.

lol, beating a dead horse.
Then I am truly sorry. I thought you meant "any" animal. My sisters free adopted greyhound was the first thing I thought of! I did have a little mutt cat once who thought he was a dog. Came when called, greeted us at the door, and sat up and begged for treats JUST like a dog would. I still miss the bugger!

Old 02-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #58
Almase
Well, the pics are on my myspace profile. www.myspace.com/almaseamir
I took alot of my horse pics off though and just left up one....I have some greyhounds over here where I live. My mother also volunteers for the greyhound rescue and she owns three herself. Good, now we're all friends again....Since we're on this humane topic though, you know something I saw at the farm store that I laughed about? You know those humane cages for catching raccoons and cats or whatever large animal. I saq one of those, but it was a little tiny one made for catching mice. I thought to myself, "Why would somone want to humanely catputre a mouse? If you catch it to release it it will come right back inside. Is it really worth the walk to get rid of it way out in the woods when you can just get a real mouse trap and then throw it away or feed it to a cat?" But I think now that I have a snake maybe people get them to feed to snakes, or hawks or something.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:14 PM   #59
starsevol
Some people actually do live trap mice and let them go miles away. Makes em feel good. You really shouldn't feed a wild caught mouse to a snake. Too many parasites and the possibility of diseases.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:20 PM   #60
diamondlil
Oh lord, now I have a confession...............a few years ago I got a lovely silver hamster for the boys. I got bitten by I don't know how many in my youth, I don't like them. A friend had a really tame one, and so my kids wanted one. I held the damn thing every day, got it really tame, then it's behaviour suddenly changed. It was a monster, trying to bite every time we got near it. The boys confessed they'd been waking it up by poking it with a pencil when I was on nightshift and asleep during the day, because they wanted it to come out to play. I had to put it in a big tank, and cleaned it out by luring it into a humane trap with chocolate spread so I got to keep my fingers intact. If I'd have had the snakes then I know it would have 'disappeared' into the freezer

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google