CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

What can I feed my Corn Snake?

Old 01-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #131
Corny Noob
Can I join in on the group hug even though I wasn't apart of this?
I like hugs

Old 01-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #132
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corny Noob View Post
Can I join in on the group hug even though I wasn't apart of this?
I like hugs
Hugs sent your way, since we're off topic already when is the baby due. My grand-daughter is due anyday.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #133
Corny Noob
May 3rd, I'm in my 25th week right now

Old 01-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #134
Mr.AJ
Did someone mention free hugs?

Old 01-23-2008, 09:22 PM   #135
GlitterFlame89
Smile

Oh, geez, I missed everything! Well, I'm glad everyone is happy and getting along now, I was hoping that would happen. And I know what book your talking about Cody. It's the book I have! I'll probably get in trouble for this if anyone from work recognizes me or realizes it's me. But anyway; read the CareSheets they give you; ask any and all questions; check out the books (But really, don't buy...) Than do the greater chunk of your research at home (like on this site) And make sure you get a decent book. I have to say that after this whole thing, I am rather ashamed of my work place. I didn't realize how much misinformation we spread. Looking at our CareSheet I just saw that they say Corns may only grow to a foot long. Has anyone ever heard of a healthy corn rounding out at that size? It's terrible, and I honestly think something should be done about it. I mean, I wonder how many animals have died because their new owner was given wrong info? Anyway, thought I'd get that out...
Oh No! Did I fall for it again? No doggie got eaten? Aw, man, if I keep it up I'll never live this thread down, LOL! Seriously, though, when my Mom was young and lived in Alabama and Florida there were snakes (mostly alligators though) that would eat people's dogs and other pets. My Mom got up and found a stuffed looking snake of some sort in her hamster cage once. Needless to say, the Hamster was gone.
I think I am going to have to order Kathy Love's book. I guess my book isn't worth much from the sounds of it. I'm kind of PO'd my store sells a less than good book.
I'll add you as a friend Cody, soon as work out how to do that... I'll give it a shot.
Yikes! I wrote a book... Guess I'll end by saying Congrats to Susang and Corny Noob!

Old 01-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #136
SNAKEWISPERA
I've been looking at this thread since Joel told me about it....
I'm going to go out on a limb now, and say, Cody I'm with you.
I wouldn't recommend giving a corn eggs but I believe that corns
are opportunist eaters especially in the breeding season when a lot of birds eggs are about...as far as a good source of salmonella.. I would rather eat raw eggs than raw rats....
And as far as the Latin name of corns changing.... did corns get told that so they stopped eating egg as as a result.....
All I know is my Pine ate an egg no prompting, no problem.... A pine is only a big corn, in the looses sense of the word.....and it doesn't have the necessary vertebrate either.
Cody, Stick with us you are the future.People who research and post is the way forward, not people who repeat parrot fashion things they read on a site.
I'm glad you didn't go away when it got tough, and I'm going to rep you. Partly for the info, but mainly because you had the courage of your convictions....
|Now stop telling us what to do an listen. In the words of Homer Simpson..."Why you lil...." LOL
MIKE

Old 01-24-2008, 03:06 PM   #137
SNAKEWISPERA
This is not me, that was my dad (snakewispera snr).....he couldn't post it on his name,

Old 01-24-2008, 04:34 PM   #138
hartsock
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
I'm always up for a group hug.
Wade, you did forget about cornflakes earlier? My corns luv 'em, but I gotta warm up the milk before they get in the bowl and chase the flakes around like a garter chasing a minnow. Just the plain though, the frosted is too fattening, plus it makes the snake sticky.

All I could think of with that first post of yours and the creamcorn was someone standing with snake in hand and a pinkie pump in the other filled with creamcorn. LOL!!

As far as feeding goes, IMO, even if they can eat eggs (which I don't think is a good idea), don't mess with it. You play around and you may make your snake into a picky eater and why mess with that. Just as was said before, TWINKIES!!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #139
hartsock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corny Noob View Post
May 3rd, I'm in my 25th week right now
hahahahaha!! I just noticed your sig!! Hope things are going well!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google