CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

What can I feed my Corn Snake?

Old 01-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #81
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterFlame89 View Post
Yeah, that was general understanding of it, and no one disputed my analogy with Tasty Cakes and Doritios, so thats they way I'll take it. I think I'll stick with meece. The cats are all on strict health food diets and hate me for it, so why shouldn't the snake be on the same thing, right? (Danged animals eat healthier than I do, lol) Oh, and I am still trying to rep you, but I think there is something wrong with the forum or my PC. I'm guessing forum since others had problems too.
I think the reason no one responded to your snack choices, because we would have to say snakes don't know if it's a treat, food is food. Their brain is likely not big enough to know Oh! wow today I got twinkies, more likely today I got twinkies and that is all I want to eat now.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #82
GlitterFlame89
Smile

LOL, oh OK. Like I said before, somewhere, all I was looking for was to add some variety to his life. You always hear about how good variety is, and I'm sure it's not Mice every week for dinner in the middle. I just want Kaa as healthy as possible. (Sorry, I am OBSSESIVE over what animals eat, every last one of them. I think more about what goes in their mouth than mine!) I think life will be easier for both of us if he just sticks with miceys though.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #83
Mr.AJ
If you want Kaa to be as healthy as possible, Stick to a recognised stable diet that is tried and tested. Appropriately sized rodents are proved and widely accepted as an excellent and stable diet to help your snake thrive.

Why fix what isn't broken?.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:37 PM   #84
Mr.AJ
Oh, and for what its worth.. Just the other week i saw an African rock python in my yard eating my neighbours Shih'Tzu. I still wouldn't recommend using Crufts as my main source of feeder animals.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:38 PM   #85
wade
Quote:
Originally Posted by susang View Post
I think the reason no one responded to your snack choices, because we would have to say snakes don't know if it's a treat, food is food. Their brain is likely not big enough to know Oh! wow today I got twinkies, more likely today I got twinkies and that is all I want to eat now.
Su Sang, that is such a nice thing to say. You're the sweetest person on this forum. We really enjoy having you here.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:55 PM   #86
GlitterFlame89
Smile

Oh, that's a shame about your neighbor's dog. It was a funny story though, horrible as I feel saying that. I think it was Crufts part that did it, LOL. I hope I'm not being gulliable again, heh. And yes, I think I better stick to mice, as you said, why fix what isn't broken. I just didn't know if there were other things people routinely feed to spice things up, so I thought I'd ask and find out. And what I said before, I meant I didn't think snakes ate only mice in the wild, not in the middle. But I think everyone realized that anyway.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #87
Snake Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody View Post
Not to be rude,I live in the USA, and I see Corn Snakes in my back yard, I see them climbing trees, to ethier look for prey, which they have moderetly good eyesight, or to hunt for Bird eggs. If you type in, "Do wild Corn Snakes really eat eggs?" or, "Wild Corn Snake climbing tree and eating eggs" you find, inless the website is a fake, that they do eat eggs. Anyway Some Corn snakes in captivity eat Quail and Chick eggs.
Even if this were true, have you ever considered the fact that the Corn could have been hunting for those funny looking things with feathers. You know, the ones that lay the eggs in the first place? Or perhaps the things that hatch out of them. Corns can't eat eggs, their bodies aren't designed for it.

But yeah, again, I'd just stick with rodents Glitter, because Susang summed it up perfectly, if they get a taste of something new and different that would be less nutritious, then they may begin to reject their staple diet.

Oh and Glitter, I think you fell for it again

All the best

David

Old 01-23-2008, 10:01 AM   #88
Mr.AJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Dave View Post
Oh and Glitter, I think you fell for it again
Watchoo talkin' 'bout

I speak nothing but the truth.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #89
Snake Dave
You sure about that AJ?

Old 01-23-2008, 10:45 AM   #90
Mr.AJ
I may of exaggerated a little.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google