CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Need a little help

Old 11-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #1
-Professional-
Exclamation Need a little help

I just found a corn here recently and from what i've here'd. there usually pretty tame and not really aggresive. Well this one beggs to differ. I've ryed everything to get him used to people. He's not "mean" I don't think as when I caught him, he never tryed to bite..(That may be because it was like 40 degrees and he wanted something warm?). He just doesn't really want to be handled. Have any tips? Its just a little baby so I figured its intimidated and thinks it needs to protect itself and it will grow out of it. But, I figured I would ask. Thanka for any help

Old 11-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
LBoz
I have a fiesty baby like that right now. I take her out anyway. If you let them strike or nip at you, and the big hairy hand leaves their territory, they know that's what it takes to get big hairy monster to leave. Take him out, his bit won't hurt you. Let him get used to being handled so he doesn't turn into a nippy adult. That will hurt worse.

Don't hold him for a few days after he eats as he needs this quiet time to digest and it could cause him to regurg. This can be very bad. Check all your husbandry, heat on one side with a cool gradient on the other. Hides on warm AND cool side. Nice solid dish of water that he can't knock over. Give him some time to settle in and then start with some short daily handling. He should be fine. He's very pretty! Did you say you had him for a month? What's his name?

Old 11-14-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
Lennycorn
No snake like to be handle, it just gets uses to the idea of it.
If you provide more of a secure cage. vines leaves, branches and such. It might help.
Also,after a week, handle the snake for five or so minutes a day. This might help it to calm down.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #4
LBoz
Oops! Forgot to mention...Welcome to CS.com! Stick with these folks. They'll get you started off on the right foot!

Old 11-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
Lennycorn
Hey,
Stand down, LBoz

I'm trying to get this rep point here!!!

Old 11-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
LBoz
LOL! Pay no attention to the man behind the snake.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #7
Lennycorn
If I only had a brain........

Old 11-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #8
Lennycorn
Well Professional

What else can I confuses you with???

Old 11-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #9
LBoz
Geesh, way to scare away the new guy, Lenny!

Old 11-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #10
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
Geesh, way to scare away the new guy, Lenny!
Hey, I see the green, He's still on line.

Come back Professional,
We not all strange.
Just the lady with the funny right eye. hehe

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google