CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Need a little help

Old 11-15-2008, 09:15 AM   #21
-Professional-
Aquarium:

The killer

I have an undertank pad but its for a 5 gallon tank.. We went to Petsmart and they told us to buy a light? I an feeding him once a week a frozen pinkie mouse(its thawed..) He seems to be eating fine. They also told us to take him out of the tank to feed which I have been doing and I haven't had any feding issues yet..thankfully..

Old 11-15-2008, 09:29 AM   #22
-Professional-
I'll try to get some pics of him out this afternoon...

Old 11-15-2008, 10:02 AM   #23
Lennycorn
Hey, thanks for saving the little guy.
I.m guess he about 8" - 12" long. If so it would be a hatchling.
Looking at your set up, you need just a few more things
You need to regulate the UTH. So you can keep the temps in check.
80- 85 degrees on the warm side and 70- 75 on the cool side. http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19168
Here is one to make yourself until you get more into the hobby.
Also the stick on themometers don't work for the warm side.
You need to go to Walmart, Homedepot, hardware store or somewhere that sell indoor/outdoor themometers with a probe. Pet stores have them too.
And place the probe above the UTH but under the bedding. This give you the warmest temp that the snake can touch. You can hot glue in on there so it woundn't move. You can also make your on hides( or homes where the snake can hide in ) out of used food boxes and such.
It might help to add some fake plants vines too. You fine them at craft store for a better price too.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:49 AM   #24
-Professional-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn View Post
Hey, thanks for saving the little guy.
I.m guess he about 8" - 12" long. If so it would be a hatchling.
Looking at your set up, you need just a few more things
You need to regulate the UTH. So you can keep the temps in check.
80- 85 degrees on the warm side and 70- 75 on the cool side. http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19168
Here is one to make yourself until you get more into the hobby.
Also the stick on themometers don't work for the warm side.
You need to go to Walmart, Homedepot, hardware store or somewhere that sell indoor/outdoor themometers with a probe. Pet stores have them too.
And place the probe above the UTH but under the bedding. This give you the warmest temp that the snake can touch. You can hot glue in on there so it woundn't move. You can also make your on hides( or homes where the snake can hide in ) out of used food boxes and such.
It might help to add some fake plants vines too. You fine them at craft store for a better price too.
Alrighty thx. Ya thankfully I found him or otherwise he wouldn't hace made it..

I'll measure if I can later but my guess is he is about 10 inches long so ya he is a hatchling. I think I have some more stuff I could use for like vines and such. So u guys to recommned a UTH over a heat lamp?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google