CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Can snakes be fed a vegan diet?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #81
VickyChaiTea
This thread was really interesting to read. This forum isn't exactly like the others I frequent, it's very... rough. lol

You guys assume that most people with what you would consider "dumb" questions is a troll. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. But if it isn't, what good is calling them a troll and poking fun at them going to do? Shouldn't you at LEAST give them the benefit of the doubt?

I love this forum, it's really interesting. There are some threads that would get closed in a heartbeat on other forums up here, and it's made for some great debates/conversations. I just think maybe we could be a little nicer to the newcomers, you know? XD

Old 01-19-2010, 10:08 PM   #82
Teddy Roosevelt
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickyChaiTea View Post
This thread was really interesting to read. This forum isn't exactly like the others I frequent, it's very... rough. lol

You guys assume that most people with what you would consider "dumb" questions is a troll. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. But if it isn't, what good is calling them a troll and poking fun at them going to do? Shouldn't you at LEAST give them the benefit of the doubt?

I love this forum, it's really interesting. There are some threads that would get closed in a heartbeat on other forums up here, and it's made for some great debates/conversations. I just think maybe we could be a little nicer to the newcomers, you know? XD
It's not a "dumb" question that makes a troll. There are many questions that keepers who've had snakes for decades would consider dumb, that's lack of information rather than trolling. What makes this poster a troll rather than an innocent newcomer is deliberately coming on a snake forum with an obviously silly question, and following it up with WELP GUESS I BETTER KILL MY SNAKE LOL. I know there are a lot of older people here who aren't as ingrained in internet culture as my gen, but trust me, speaking as part of the generation that INVENTED the internet troll, this is classic troll behavior. If I wanted to stir the s*** at a reptile forum this is the exact behavior I would employ.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #83
VickyChaiTea
I don't know, you still seemed to come off real harsh. And if you really thought this was a troll the best thing would have been to ask a mod to delete the thread/ban the member, not post on said thread.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #84
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by [starla] View Post
Can snakes be fed a vegan diet?
Sure, if the snake is big enough and the vegan is small enough. Remember, 2 times the widest part of the body at max.

D80

Old 01-19-2010, 10:16 PM   #85
Teddy Roosevelt
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickyChaiTea View Post
I don't know, you still seemed to come off real harsh. And if you really thought this was a troll the best thing would have been to ask a mod to delete the thread/ban the member, not post on said thread.
As another member said, while this person was screwing with us, it's important to leave things like this up in case a real uninformed newbie stumbles upon it.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #86
wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
It's not a "dumb" question that makes a troll. There are many questions that keepers who've had snakes for decades would consider dumb, that's lack of information rather than trolling. What makes this poster a troll rather than an innocent newcomer is deliberately coming on a snake forum with an obviously silly question, and following it up with WELP GUESS I BETTER KILL MY SNAKE LOL. I know there are a lot of older people here who aren't as ingrained in internet culture as my gen, but trust me, speaking as part of the generation that INVENTED the internet troll, this is classic troll behavior. If I wanted to stir the s*** at a reptile forum this is the exact behavior I would employ.
Dang. I missed the meeting where you were appointed head dimglow.

You were rude.

You were mean.

You were uninformed.

Basically you were a jerk.

Just because YOU would do something stupid, which I have ZERO doubt you are not only familiar with but quite good at, does not mean anyone else would.

I bet if you started a poll asking if anyone would act like you, the resounding answer would be NO.

Suck it up and move on boyo, you were wrong. Not just wrong, but mean too.

I suppose you feel good about beating up newbs on the internet too, eh?

Do you kick puppies and stomp on kitty tails when you're not being an internet jerk?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:32 PM   #87
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
Dang. I missed the meeting where you were appointed head dimglow.

You were rude.

You were mean.

You were uninformed.

Basically you were a jerk.

Just because YOU would do something stupid, which I have ZERO doubt you are not only familiar with but quite good at, does not mean anyone else would.

I bet if you started a poll asking if anyone would act like you, the resounding answer would be NO.

Suck it up and move on boyo, you were wrong. Not just wrong, but mean too.

I suppose you feel good about beating up newbs on the internet too, eh?
There really is no need for you to be so rude.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #88
wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
There really is no need for you to be so rude.
Opinions and excretory orifici, you know what I mean?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:36 PM   #89
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
Opinions and excretory orifici, you know what I mean?
I know exactly what you mean. Why exactly coud you not be more polite in expressing your opinions?

Old 01-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #90
danielle
If you call someone else rude and then are rude...well you know that saying too. Pepper is Pepper and yes harsh, but she still has the right to decide whether she thinks a post is trollish or an honest quesion right? People overall play hard here and take it as well as they dish it out. The question was trollish in nature for sure, but I do believe was an honest question. On that note it would be nice if Pepper used more tact in her wording, but your's was equal and all too often this forum is a trolls playground anyway

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google