• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

ASF problem....

Drewby07

curiocreatures.com
Ok so I have an ASF that is HUGE. She looks like she has swallowed another adult ASF...

The problem is, she won't give birth! She has been like this for at LEAST two weeks....and probably a little longer....any suggestions? Last time I picked her up she bit me and drew blood, when she is normalls sweet.

Any thoughts?

My first thought is she is not ready to give birth. However just like humans, animals sometimes have complications. All you can really do is make sure she is as comfortable as possible.

My wife says to take her for a ride in the car on a bumpy road. That's what works for her.

LOL I'll do that. I didn't know if they would delay giving birth if they didn't feel secure....another female gave birth about 2 weeks ago and ate all of her young. I thought maybe this female didn't want to give birth while she was around? Maybe I should separate her from the group?

Normally I would say no don't seperate. However if the other female ate the last litter you might wanna seperate. Usually colonies will take care of all the babies together. This might be one of those few seperate cases......

Actually the female died yesterday. Autopsy showed she was NOT pregnant.....but in fact has a massive tumor inside her. Poor girl.

Back