CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Snake ID?

Old 09-27-2020, 04:14 PM   #1
Theinfamousj
Snake ID?

My boss just sent me a text with a photo if a very small snake (it is in a mason jar for scale) and wanted to know what kind if snake it is. We are in central North Carolina and the snake was found on her patio.

My experience with shakes is limited to inheriting an 11 year old pewter corn, so all I could reply was, "That's a snake for sure."

I know it is a long shot, but maybe one of you with knowledge of more snakes than me might be able to tell her what she has as an un-expected houseguest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 09-27-2020, 04:29 PM   #2
hypnoctopus
I'm no expert, but it looks like a dekays to me. If you're on reddit, the /r/snakes subreddit is great at identifying species.

Old 09-28-2020, 10:19 PM   #3
Frank Pinello
Agree but now days I hear people call them brown snake.
They usually don’t get much bigger than 16-17 inches.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google