CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Our young corn snake has stopped eating and is losing a lot of weight

Old 03-31-2015, 11:20 AM   #51
Praetorian27
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post
So sorry to hear of the loss. Some just weren't meant to make it.

Yes, toss everything in the viv that can't be sterilized and if you do get another reptile you can boil rocks and solid pieces of decoration with a splash of bleach added to the water, but if you can, start over fresh.

The viv should be scrubbed and scrubbed again with bleach water, then rinsed and let dry in the sun. This SHOULD kill everything bad left in the tank.
I am definitely emptying the tank, and might just replace the tank as well for peace of mind. I read bleach does nothing against crypto but ammonia works. I worry about the silicone strips in the corners harboring the parasite. I think I'll just start fresh with all new equipment.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:04 AM   #52
Praetorian27
We heard from the vet. The final test results were positive for crypto. I guess there was nothing else we could have done. I'm definitely throwing the entire tank out now. For $30 to replace the 20 gallon tank, it isn't worth the peace of mind you get from all new equipment.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:10 AM   #53
obboi34
you did all that you could have. So sorry to hear the news after all that you had done.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:45 AM   #54
Ravenessa
I am sorry but you did everything you could have done... and I would also totally toss the tank and replace it. <3 Hope your daughter gets a little peace of mind. However I would take the result to the pet store, since you haven't had the snake around other snakes you can prove he/she was sick from the bat most likely you may be able to get medical care covered to a degree either way they need to stop buying snakes from where they are or more will bite the dust the same way as well...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google