CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > CS.com Guide to Corn Snake Cultivars & Cultigens
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

CS.com Guide to Corn Snake Cultivars & Cultigens A collective field guide to the cultivars and cultigens (morphs) of corn snakes.

Lavender Motley Corn Snake

Old 05-08-2018, 01:32 AM   #1
Rich Z

From my retired SerpenCo.com website.

Quote:

"synergism - the simultaneous actions of separate agencies which, together, have greater total effect than the sum of their individual effects."

Sometimes an example can most clearly define a word than words could ever do. The Lavender Motley is a perfect example and fully defines the word synergism. Most of us have seen enough Motleys and Lavenders by now that they are becoming rather ho-hum. But the combination of these two genes obviously has the effect that produces an animal startlingly much better looking that one could expect or hope for. Of course, it takes a bit of maturity to bring out the colors from what we see in the babies, but a year's worth of growth and color development can produce an animal that is literally breath-taking. And the scary thing is, we haven't even begun to do selective breeding to further enhance this line. Imagine what that will bring about in years to come.

Obviously I don't have a whole lot of these to compare to know the full range of colors possible. But current results leave little (if anything) to feel disappointed about. The lavender coloration seems to be deeper, almost a true purplish hue. Then theres the pinkish colored blotches down the back to set this off even more. I have one other older adult that doesn't have anywhere near the coloration of the three from two years ago, so there is obviously going to be some variation among individuals. But I think there should be no doubt in anyone's minds, that this will be an extremely popular cultivar of the corn snake once it becomes widely available.

For obvious reasons, I am in no hurry to sell off a bunch of these animals. As such, I only offered a single pair of them for sale this year, and it was snapped up immediately. I will likely sell a few pairs of them for the 2003 season, but expect supply to be FAR less than demand for the foreseeable future.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
lavender motley corn