CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

"Siamese" Rats

Old 09-29-2007, 12:32 AM   #1
rosecat
"Siamese" Rats

here's some pics of my rats in my colonies ... i use the term "siamese" pattern for a couple of them cause i can't think of what else to call them ... they have points ...

Old 09-29-2007, 12:34 AM   #2
susang
How cute. susang

Old 09-29-2007, 12:40 AM   #3
Jrgh17
The ones in the first two pictures are hooded, and the last one is a Himalayan. And of course, they are very cute.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
rosecat
himalayan ... okay now i have the proper term. the hooded one's i didn't know they official name, but i've seen 'em (and owned) before. Do himalayan's come in other colors or just the brown points?

Old 09-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
Jrgh17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosecat
himalayan ... okay now i have the proper term. the hooded one's i didn't know they official name, but i've seen 'em (and owned) before. Do himalayan's come in other colors or just the brown points?
I'm pretty sure just brown

Old 09-29-2007, 12:48 PM   #6
toyah
Himalayans can come in any point colour, but seal is the most common as true Himmies are so pale the other colours aren't really distinct.

I have some information on rat varieties on my website - http://hawthorn.org.uk/varieties.asp - if that's of any interest to you.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:28 AM   #7
Velvet
Nice ratties, but as mentioned, that's not a siamese it's a himi. They come with a variety of points... I have siams and siam hoodies, will take pics for you!

This was my sable-pointed siamese girl...

Old 10-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #8
rosecat
where did you get your siamese from?

Old 10-02-2007, 02:18 AM   #9
Velvet
I actually got her from a Petshop, I was there collecting mice and just thought to ask if they had any rats, I saw her and just had to have her!!! She had a piece of her ear missing but otherwise seemed in good health.

I assume she was either someone's pet that they got sick of (she was VERY tame, clearly used to being handled) or she was a feeder - breeder passed her prime, which is also possible. She lived out the rest of her days with me as a spoiled pet and died of old age not long ago.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #10
rosecat
hehe of course i noticed after i asked that you're in South Africa, so location of where you got her isn't super helpful to me.

Stephen offered to give me a few of his dumbo siamese, so hopefully when i drive down to so cali next may i'll take him up on the offer.

Unless anyone else knows where to get them around OR?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google