CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Where to buy deli cups for hatchlings

Old 07-28-2003, 06:35 PM   #1
Booger
Question Where to buy deli cups for hatchlings

Where can I buy those nice little deli cups, but not have to buy 1,000,000 of them at a time? I have one clutch off eggs and I would love to use the deli cups for the hatchlings, but I can't find any anywhere? Internet sites or national store chains would be helpful. Thanks

Old 07-28-2003, 06:41 PM   #2
kenster
here is one off the top of my head:

http://www.exoticlizards.com/snake-bags.html

http://www.reptiledepot.com/

http://lllreptile.com/v2/content/search/index.cfm

I know of a few more I have seen now just to remember where they were...

Ken

Old 07-28-2003, 06:50 PM   #3
kenster
those were a few that i found in a couple of minutes...

hope they helped..

Ken

Old 07-28-2003, 07:30 PM   #4
Kat
Or... you could buy those little ziploc tupperware thingies at the store and just make airholes in them. They're not very good for display, but they're decent for keeping hatchlings in.

-Kat

Old 07-29-2003, 06:30 AM   #6
Booger
Thumbs up

Yeah, that helped a whole lot. Thanks guys

Old 07-29-2003, 06:34 AM   #7
Booger
Question

I forgot to ask which size is appropriate for corn hatchlings (like what Rich uses)?

Old 07-29-2003, 07:52 AM   #8
CornCrazy
The company I order from is the same company Rich uses, I believe. It is Superior enterprises. The size you would need are the 4.5 inch containers. I believe I bought the solo ones (prepunched). You have to buy the lids separately, by the way. Orders over $50.00 get free shipping, too.

Old 07-29-2003, 08:22 AM   #9
Elaphe_Mo
I also order from Superior Enterprises, and really like those solo cups. I've had problems in the past with the lids on some of the other kinds splitting and becoming useless after a few times of removing them from the cup.

Old 07-29-2003, 04:37 PM   #10
Rich Z
I've been using the solo cups from Superior for a number of years now and do have a couple of issues with them.

(1) The airholes are drilled in such a way that the sharpest edges are on the inside of the cup. I am constantly feeling them and trying to remove those sharp edges as much as possible, but all it takes is one and the snake will cut it's nose on it for certain.

(2) Sometimes you will get cups that have the airholes drilled incorrectly. You will see a double hole in some instances. Kind of like a figure 8. Of course, this leaves enough space for a baby snake to stick it's nose in there, and that sharp point at top and bottom will cause damage to its nose very easily. I weed these cups out whenever I find them, but sometimes there is just too much going on to catch them all via visual inspection.

But I don't have any alternative sources for predrilled deli cups that I am aware of, so I just have to put up with it. We used to drill our own cups, but once the numbers got over a couple of thousand per year, the time involved became too much of a burden.

I guess I just want too much. I just want things to be perfect...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google