CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

1 month old corn snake not eating

Old 05-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #11
twilight-1
Unhappy

we feed her pinks that r alittle bigger than her head we tried to laeve her in my closet along w/ the pink i also tried to dip the pink in chicken broth and tuna water no such luck
i just dont understand i mean i get wat ur sayin its just my mom said we could try to get another snake but i only love alice(sorry about tha mushy part i just love her to much to give her up). im going to bike up to the vet tommorow and see if they can like feed her through a tube but im unsure if this is a good idea i feel ok since they r going to at least feed her but i need to know how to it on my own gosh i wish she would do this

Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 PM   #12
twilight-1
its never eaten

Old 05-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #13
wax32
It's entirely possible that it is literally only a month old. The babies I bred last year I'd say only half of them had eaten by the age of one month old. I wouldn't freak out, and I SURE would not force feed the snake through a tube, that can injure it badly if done improperly.

Don't offer food too often (more than once a week), it freaks the baby snake out. And next time try a LIVE pinky. Some of my more reluctant feeders needed a live pinky to get started. After that they all took frozen/thawed pinks.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:18 PM   #14
twilight-1
im biking up to the vet so they r perfessional is it still a good idea to take her?
i will try to feed her a live pinkie but will it kill her if its alive?

Old 05-18-2009, 10:19 PM   #15
twilight-1
she is so small and just a baby r u sure these tips will work

Old 05-19-2009, 09:22 AM   #16
Buzzard
Twilight, live pinkie won't hurt a snake. Tips may or may not work. Everyone that has posted in this post has probably had a feeding issue at one time or another. Me, I have one that won't eat anything but live and it took me months to figure it out. Make sure your Husbandry is in check(temps, hides, ect). That is #1 , Then try to feed live. If that doesn't work, then try anything else you can come up with. (read up on it, Kathy Love's book is awesome) Try it, if it doesn't work move on to the next suggestion. Until you eliminate down to the problem.

I hate being the bearer of bad news. It could be that the snake you bought just won't make it. All snake should have at least eaten once before sold to a customer. Big pet stores buy in bulk and they may have been given this snake, unknowingly, as a problem feeder. Keep working hard at getting it better and Good luck.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:39 PM   #17
Camby
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight-1 View Post
she is so small and just a baby r u sure these tips will work
Nah, forget everything I said, we have been making this all up. Let us know how the bike trip went, I am sure the vet will fix her.

sniff....sniff...sniff, anyone else smell something?

dc

Old 05-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #18
twilight-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camby View Post
Nah, forget everything I said, we have been making this all up. Let us know how the bike trip went, I am sure the vet will fix her.

sniff....sniff...sniff, anyone else smell something?

dc
the bike trip went well i fell a few times cause im uncoordnated but alice(my snake)is just fine the vet recomended everthing yall just said so i think ill try a live pinkie

Old 05-19-2009, 09:38 PM   #19
twilight-1
i can i get kathy loves book at a book store right?

Old 05-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #20
wax32
If they have a pet section probably. Pet stores often stock it too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google