• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Female Behaviour

LollyLuna

Hello,

I’m new here and I know a fair amount about snakes, but I’m absolutely stumped. I took on a snow corn snake about a year ago as someone I knew was going to dump her in the field. From what I was told, she was female and 6 y/o, meaning she could be 7 now. I recently came to turn her light off for the night and found she had what appeared to be blood, we washed off the bits on the surface and assumed she had just gotten stuck somewhere and damaged her scales when she came back out. I checked again in the morning and most of it was gone, healed, bar one larger patch. She has been eating well and been very active, which I had assumed was due to the warmer weather, however tonight I noticed that she was going around in a loop, over herself about 20 times. I picked her up and checked her over, shifted her bedding about, and put her back in. Yet now, she is switching between twisting around herself, and going around herself on a circle, being fine when handled, but being very active and behaving unusually in her enclosure.

This may be normal snow corn snake behaviour, but from what I’m reading it’s only in males, that or I just haven’t read from the correct sources. So, is this normal around this time of year? Or could there be a possibility my she is a he?

Thanks, any advice would help,
LollyLuna

Back