CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

3 Tub Display Rack

Old 04-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #11
Buzzard
Very nice knox. Go vols.

Old 04-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #12
knox
Thanks everyone!

Old 04-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #13
SnakeKiss247
What size are your tubs?

Old 04-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #14
knox
They are 110 qt, or 27.5 gallons. Same footprint as an Iris CB70 tub, but much more height.

I am surprised at how much my snakes, especially my little Corn, are utilizing the height. My Milk stretches to the top some, but the Corn is constantly perching herself up on the ledge under the lid.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #15
hedwigdan
I like.... I might consider setting this up soon
(you wouldn't mind would you?)

Old 05-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #16
SnakeKiss247
what is a herpstat? I just may decide to sell Ari's viv I made him and build something like yours. What size are your snakes? We have two Corns, Ari is 4 1/2 feet, Buddy is a baby and Monica is a baby Ball Python. I have Monica in a tub now and she seems to like it much better. It's warm in there. I think that the tubs would hold the warm air better too. It's cool in our house and my only other option I see right now is to get them all heat lamps as i don't think their aquariums are warm enough. I am using UTH for all my snakes and if I decided to build a rack system, I will continue to use the UTH with their digital temp probes and their dimmer switches. I think this would save me a lot of room.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #17
knox
I would be honored for someone to copy this!

A Herpstat is a thermostat made by Spyder Robotics. It's my favorite one on the market.

My snakes aren't super big yet. I have a 3 foot Nelson Milk, a 3 1/2 foot Black Rat, and foot long little Corn.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #18
hedwigdan
will that rack do them for life? (especially the corn)

Old 05-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #19
knox
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedwigdan View Post
will that rack do them for life? (especially the corn)
Sorry, I just saw this question.

The rack will definitely do the Milk and Corn for life. The Black Rat, if she gets over 5 feet, may move into another enclosure I will build at a later date.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:00 AM   #20
knox
Decided to build another 110 qt rack instead of a 32 qt rack. This will give me enough room to add 2 more snakes without having to worry about larger enclosures later on. And I can still add some flex across the top of the two racks for smaller 28 qt tubs if I want - just have to secure the lids.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
display rack tubs, diy