CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

My Corn Snake is Afraid Of Bathing?

Old 04-22-2019, 12:09 AM   #1
I_Have_A_Corny_Joke
My Corn Snake is Afraid Of Bathing?

Hi so recently I noticed my corn snake having trouble with her 3rd shed. She was getting off the old skin in pieces and when I noticed that I warmed her up a bath with about 1 inch of water in a 1 and a half foot long bucket. When I put her in she started moving more erratically and she was climbing up the walls of the bucket to get out. I kept her in there for about 30 seconds to see if she'd calm down but to no avail I took her out and put her back in her enclosure. Mind you this is the 3rd shed and all of her other sheds were perfect. I don't have a humidity hide but I've been misting down her enclosure twice a day. Please help ASAP

Old 04-22-2019, 06:11 AM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
you warmed her some water? it's probably too hot. Your body temp is about 98 degrees. If the water feels warm to you, it's too hot for a corn snake. Not to mention you're probably just scaring the crap out of her. Get a soft rag, dampen it, and jut hold her in your hands and let her crawl through it a few times. The skin will come off when ready. Most corn snakes don't like baths anyway.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
humidity, shedding, shedding problem