CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Happy Birthday to Rich!

Old 07-21-2002, 06:03 PM   #1
Peter
Happy Birthday to Rich!

Happy birthday and thanks for your wonderful dedication to raising and exploring the possibilities of cornsnake genetics. We have all greatly benefited from your work.

Old 07-22-2002, 01:38 PM   #2
LizS
On behalf of all my beautiful Serpenco corns and myself, happy birthday, Rich!

Old 07-22-2002, 04:05 PM   #3
Rich Z
Thanks!

Yesterday wasn't all that good of a day, so I have decided that I will make some other, better day, a 'virtual birthday'. Heck if the federal government can move around national holidays, I certainly can move my birthday if I want to

Old 07-22-2002, 04:21 PM   #4
pewter
Talking

so here is a small present for you. a bit late but I hope you like them :-)
they are from a friend of mine, breed in the uk.

male at the left, female at the right

and this is the doughter...( donīt worry about the bright red. itīs the pic...in reality it looks not that bright!)

Old 07-22-2002, 04:39 PM   #5
Rich Z
Thanks, Pewter.

You're just trying to make me regret my decision to get rid of most of my Miami Phase corns, right?

Old 07-22-2002, 05:00 PM   #6
pewter
No,

that was just coincidence. I thought only that they where very beautifull. he also had other very beautiful animals but not corns!
and you allreaddy know all of my animals...
so would it be a nice presend if i would post an old pic of some of my average butters??? no :-)

but Rich...I think itīs the right way to sell some of the "normal" corns.
itīs maybe not the best comparison but i also sold a lot of my corns this year to have more space for projekts.
- for example this miami -
itīs hard but there is no other way for me. i just have one room for me and my snakes....I have space for 20-40 animals...and I have the time for ~10 adult females/clutches.
so what would you choose if you do this not for making money???
a pair of butters to produce a lot of "booring" butters...
(sorry for that they are of course not booring!!!)
or a pair of trippel hetīs for hypo lavender striped or something like that...

Old 07-22-2002, 06:39 PM   #7
Rich Z
That is exactly my dilemma. I find myself holding myself back from doing some interesting projects because of cage space. So why keep all the normal low end stuff instead of forging forward into new uncharted territory?

Of course I'll always keep a pair or two around in case I find I need a Miami Phase, or a Ghost, or an Okeetee for some reason as an ingredient to some concoction I want to make up, but I can't see any reason to produce dozens of clutches of them any longer.

Thanks.

Old 07-29-2002, 10:06 AM   #8
PSYCOSNAKEMOM
Talking HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

A very special bithday wish to Rich.

Your birthday is the same as my moms! And she is one super person.

If you didn't have the type of day you were hoping for, wait until your unbirthday day and celebrate then. Six months after your birthing day. The corns should be asleep and not paying attention by then. Happy Birthday. Sam :0)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google