CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Blizzard and Charcoal

Old 07-29-2002, 03:36 AM   #1
Rich Z
Blizzard and Charcoal

Old 07-29-2002, 10:33 AM   #2
Jimmy C.
Wow!! I want a Blizzard.
Jimmy C.

Old 07-29-2002, 11:22 AM   #3
Alicia
Those are so pretty. I can hardly wait for my Charcoals.

Old 07-29-2002, 07:01 PM   #4
Kevin M
This is great, With every thread I look at I'm seeing more and more of my order filled. Wont be long now!

Old 07-29-2002, 09:14 PM   #5
Simon
What nice contrast!!
I love these pics!
Keep them coming!!

Old 07-29-2002, 09:35 PM   #6
LindsayMarie
Have to love them.....

I really like the blizzards! Although I have heard from a couple people (one being a breeder) that they tend to be a little more tempermental then other corns. Has anyone else had this problem? Just curious, Lindsay

Old 07-29-2002, 10:00 PM   #7
HomeBreeder
I have a yearling blizzard female I got this summer. She is probably the most introverted corn I have. She's anything but an agressive feeder, but it's because she's a little scardy-cat; I hope she grows out of it :P She has a ring around her saddles that looks lemon-peel yellow next to her other scales, but it's really a sort of khaki color (if you look at the pic in another thread, or go to imagestation.com (user: herputopia) you can see that the text color is a direct sample of her saddle borders, but they still look lemon yellow!) A strange trick of light in conjunction with the brain trying to compensate for poor "dusk" color recognition.

I doubt you could say that about the majority of blizzards though. For one - look at their lineage? Every blizzard is related to the first amel and the first anery-b. There's no lore about "bad tempered amels". Neither is there any lore (that I know of) that charcoals have any temperment problems either. You'd think there *might* be, if in fact blizzards were a problem morph. Frankly I take all that talk of troubles morphs with a grain of salt. I think the variability between any one random corn snake and any other is far more attributable to personality and environment than to genetics. Look at the variability in personality in a single clutch, and you can see the entire spectrum of corn snake attitude, frrom relaxed and always hungry, to flightly and impossible to train to eat. All this regardless of where the bloodlines came from.

just my 2 cents

^Curtis

Old 07-30-2002, 02:21 AM   #8
Serpwidgets
I like those "patternless" Blizzards, too bad they don't come in light gray.

Maybe I'll get some blizzards next year when I breed my Charcoal Ghost to my blood het amel/charcoal/anery.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google